i30 Owners Club

2017 - Any of our members riding their pushy's?

eye30 · 188 · 40524

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :whsaid:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Last Friday was a holiday here and I embraced Mrs G's suggestion of a bikeride. We took off about 0930 from home and rode the Federation trail as far as Williamstown Rd about 10 km from home. I then asked "Do you want to turn back now?"

To which she replied "And do what, sit at home?" So I led her further east until we hit Mum's house in Fitzroy. By the time we said hello, turned back and got home, we'd dome a smidgin over 60km.

That'll learn her! 

In all seriousness, a great effort from her and no soreness the next day at all. :goodjob:
Picture or it didn't happen......
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
dazz, if you can fit a tow bar, a quick detach bike rack is a good option as no need to remove wheel & can remove rack quick to put in back of car to allow rear hatch to open. I used one with my first fd but have sold it.

$600 for a tow bar, $200+? for a rack.. Gee do you think I'm made of money!  :eek: (bike only cost $158, if it cost $4000 -$5000 like yours I might have felt differently) :goodjob:

come on dazz it's good for stopping car park bumps on your $40k car, I've only got an old ute lol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That's a damn good ride on / ride off  ramp you've got there. Nice pic's   :goodjob:

yeh it's handy could ride my motor bike on the back too. hard to see in the pic but the old diesel ute has a lift kit, it was like that when I got it, but I'm short so bit harder loading bike on. when I get to other end where we ride from. I work a bit harder, lol.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Last Friday was a holiday here and I embraced Mrs G's suggestion of a bikeride. We took off about 0930 from home and rode the Federation trail as far as Williamstown Rd about 10 km from home. I then asked "Do you want to turn back now?"

To which she replied "And do what, sit at home?" So I led her further east until we hit Mum's house in Fitzroy. By the time we said hello, turned back and got home, we'd dome a smidgin over 60km.

That'll learn her!  :lol:

In all seriousness, a great effort from her and no soreness the next day at all. :goodjob:

well done! that's a good effort!!

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Long ride yesterday, 29.84 miles. Phew.......

The route was a combination of 3 shorter rides and as i have posted photo's from them, so just a few photo's below.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

A last minute decision to go out on my bike yesterday,

Weather not been too good for the last week but as I was going to see my Aunt in Burscough and the forecast for the day was positive decided to combine the visit with a ride.

This is a new route for me taking in part of the 21 miles "pier to pier " route, Wigan pier to Southport pier. I just did half, 10.5 miles.

Decided to take the train to Southport then cycle though country lanes and along the leeds to liverpool canal.

Those that follow my adventures will know i have done part of the route, i,e. Wigan pier to Burscough, so by doing Southport to Burscough completes the route...... phew.

Few pictures.  Enjoy.....

« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 16:06:36 by eye30 »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I'm going to give my new bike a good workout over the next couple of weeks.  :victory:

I'm going to let @Opa_1 (Nic) use it if he wants to...  :D He's house sitting while we are away.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I'm going to give my new bike a good workout over the next couple of weeks.  :victory:

I'm going to let @Opa_1 (Nic) use it if he wants to...  :D He's house sitting while we are away.
Don't forget the pictures or itdidn't happen...

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I won't be here!  :crazy1: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

I won't be here!  :crazy1: :rofl: :rofl:
And you also  when out on the bike

Offline corza_21

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Australia
Just wanted to share my love of MTB with you all. I'm located in Brisbane, QLD and during summer almost always ride the trails at night as it's suicide riding during the day!

Pic of the i30 with two Giant Trances on the Saris Superclamp hitch mounted rack:

Just completed the Children's Medical Research Institute's Great Cycle Challenge. First year doing it and I'm glad I reached my goal of riding 200km (mostly on singletrack) for the month! Reached my fundraising goal as well  :happydance:

• 2012 GD Premium CRDI, Auto, White

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Congratulations on reaching both of your goals. The rack and bikes are well sorted,
you almost need a "wide load " sign there,  :lol:  :goodjob2:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline corza_21

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Australia
Thanks mate  :goodjob2:

haha tell me about it. I couldn't go with roof racks because of the pano sunroof and a hatch mounted bike carrier doesn't work with my frame so hitch mount it was. I just have to pretend I'm driving a hummer and I'm all good.

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
cores, nice bikes m8.
I love mtn bikes, got lot of good bush tracks near home.

Offline corza_21

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane, Australia
cores, nice bikes m8.
I love mtn bikes, got lot of good bush tracks near home.

Thanks mate I've had them for a while but they've never let me down. What tracks do you have near by?

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I'm going on a 42k group ride on mostly dirt tracks on south coast, I'll see if I can post a link to the gps map. :link: Eurobodalla District Moruya to Grey Rocks and return - A bike ride in Moruya, New South Wales

if I can I'll take some pic's see if dazz has time to put them up.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep, that link worked. Try the . "Click here to add an image to the post." It is pretty simple. I've been using imgur until the last couple of days. 

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
thanks dazz loved that ride, did not get time to take a pic, as I went with the fast pace group & they don't smell the roses! we did or finished up doing 46k took us 2 hours, we road along one beach over the sand and one section had mud from the rain, some hills too, I loved it!
I'll get pic's n post next weeks ride.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

My new bike

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

Out yesterday on possibly my last bike ride for 2017. Although dry, it was cold.
Cycled the Weaver Way from Winsford to Northwich then around the Northwich Woodlands taking in the Anderton Boat lift, closed for winter.  The lift connects the Trent & Mersey canal to the River Weaver and to watch the lift in operation is well worth the visit.
Few pictures to enjoy.....

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne
 :goodjob: Greatly appreciate that you share the sights with us when you go on your rides.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

No probs

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
As a long time ago ex Brit, I love seeing your photos, thankyou.  :goodjob2:
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
Some of you may recall my little health issue at this time last year. As a result the riding has been somewhat curtailed. I did however find my mid 80's race bike and have a standing offer to buy it back when the owner decides to part with it. I did ride it, its still magnificent although desperately in need of a rebuild.

I did manage a few kilometers and just now the leg is starting to improve. I am ever so pleased about that. I'm now training for events next year and feeling good about how things are going in that department. So with luck and some effort, I may have some stories to share (and pictures) in the new year.

Until then, enjoy this which I am hoping to fit and strong enough to complete in 2018.

• i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for that Keith and best wishes for the New Year with your continued recuperation.   :goodjob: Certainly a long road (so to speak) :undecided:

Offline simon@mgr

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Ingham, FNQ
Went for a ride earlier in the month during a high tide

This is how it usually looks

• 2008 FD 5 Door Hatch, Diesel 1.6lt, Manual, Grey

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
Well that's going to make life interesting.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Oh, I've got a pushy post but it could just as easily sit in the champion cheapskates thread.

My mountain bike has mud guards, of which the rear clamps around the base of the seat post and then has hooks about 20cm back to attach suspended off the rear hooks under the seat, the resulting angle looking a bit like this:

ns

However, just now I went googling for an image to show here and found out how it's been done differently.

For the last few weeks I used a piece of thin wire to create that suspension link but have now upgraded to a thermally modified clear plastic sheet formed from one of those small table top nametents.

But now that I've seen it clamped differently here (and it's the same guard I have):

ns

I'll try the reconfiguration tomorrow morning and dispense with both wire and plastic.  :crazy1:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
I've always wondered about mudguards. If you are going out in the wet, you are going to get wet (I know, right) and if not, then why have a mudguard??   :umbrella:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal