i30 Owners Club

PD Fastback

tohis · 8 · 3049

Offline tohis

• V.I.P

• fi Finland
      Liperi
Some spy shots and a fake rendering of the PD Fastback seem to have been out there for some time...
:link: 2018 Hyundai i30 Fastback to rival Mazda 3 Fastback | Autocar

• 2017 Toyota Auris Hybrid Touring Sports, ( Ex 2013 i30 GD Wagon 1.6CRDi 6MT )

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks, some might find it more appealing style wise than the standard hatch, but I hope they make the wagon a priority. I think the wagon is needed before some "fastback"  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Whats the difference between the 'fastback' and the Elantra?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Whats the difference between the 'fastback' and the Elantra?

Still a hatch I guess? :undecided:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
I like that body shape..  :goodjob2:

One huge advantage compared to the hatch or tourer, is that the tailgate window doesn't get so dirty with this coupe-like shape.
I would also think the boot floor is same size as the tourer.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Looks good! Deemed unfit for practicality, but if we need a second car, I can get one for myself and the missus can drive the tourer(probably have to trade it for an auto gdi for her though). :)
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline Just Rick

• V.I.P
  • Big Dogs Rule

• au Australia
      Beverley Western Australia

• miracles can happen
Thanks, some might find it more appealing style wise than the standard hatch, but I hope they make the wagon a priority. I think the wagon is needed before some "fastback"  :undecided:

Fast back is already here and out dude,drove one last thursday(but they only had a petrol)told em I wouldn't be interested until they bring out the Diesel,my opinion other than it looks a hell of a lot better styling wise than their last mistake(The GD)nothing that special about,just another car and far to many gadgets
  • 2011 SLX CRDI 6 Spd, 2010 Holden Cruze CD Diesel and 2001 Hyundai Accent Coupe

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Fast back is already here and out dude,drove one last thursday(but they only had a petrol)told em I wouldn't be interested until they bring out the Diesel,my opinion other than it looks a hell of a lot better styling wise than their last mistake(The GD)nothing that special about,just another car and far to many gadgets

What you drove wasn't the fastback Rick...  :eek: (not released yet) They do already have a diesel in the new  PD (pretty much the same engine as the old one)

Interesting about the styling comment. I actually really like the new PD styling now myself, but I thought the GD was a handsome car as well.  :undecided:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal