i30 Owners Club

Changing from i30 63 plate to 65 plate

Raid · 10 · 3154

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hello guys, hope you guys doing well I havent been on here for a very long time.

Basically I have an i30 1.4 63 plate petrol and im going to change it to another 1.4 65 plate petrol new shape and I would like some advice please.

1.The one I'm going to go for got 12,000 miles on the clock and I'm assuming the first service is done already but if they haven't done it should they do it before giving it to me and would you know when will the next service be please and the car was registered in sept 2015.

2. Is there any way I can check what features comes with this car by the reg number please.

3. Do you think it's worth changing from 1.4 63 plate to 1.4 65 plate blue drive please.

Any help much appreciated thanks guys

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Welcome back.

Re q1
It is a 2 year service interval or 20,000 miles, interim at 12 months if less than 10, 000 miles, so as sept 2015 it will be due its first 20,000 mile service.
Ask them to include this in the dealer.

Q2
Check others on sale for this or if car from hy dealer they should have details.

Q3
Depends on condition of own and replacement, mileage, etc.
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Welcome back.

Re q1
It is a 2 year service interval or 20,000 miles, interim at 12 months if less than 10, 000 miles, so as sept 2015 it will be due its first 20,000 mile service.
Ask them to include this in the dealer.

Q2
Check others on sale for this or if car from hy dealer they should have details.

Q3
Depends on condition of own and replacement, mileage, etc.
Thanks for your help I will try to get them to include the service into the deal.

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
go to :link: Check VIN - Decoder - VIN - autoDNA and enter the vin number of the car.

2 times it saved my "life" in car buying.......

May need  to buy info package for more info there
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
go to :link: Check VIN - Decoder - VIN - autoDNA and enter the vin number of the car.

Thanks Chris but I don't know the vine I only know the reg which is EN65 TWM if someone can help me out get some info for me please.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Thanks Chris but I don't know the vine I only know the reg which is EN65 TWM if someone can help me out get some info for me please.

It's ok I managed to find the Vin number out thanks guys

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
A year ago I bought a used renault and was not from local market but was imported from France. The car was looking like new, and all sensors (computer, abs hidden sensor etc) where showing 96.000km in their odometer. Using the above mentioned site I enter the vin and I found that it has 240.000km in odometer and also found some history!   But it does not work for every country....

They gave me the money back after this report and I bought a new second family  car!

Also if you want to check if the car had a accident can use this kind of device or similar.
:link: Car Paint Tester crash check - paint thickness gauge, paint thickness meter | eBay

They work perfectly! I have one and I can find any externatr  part of any car that has been repainted
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:05:37 by chris_i30gd »

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
A year ago I bought a used renault and was not from local market but was imported from France. The car was looking like new, and all sensors (computer, abs hidden sensor etc) where showing 96.000km in their odometer. Using the above mentioned site I enter the vin and I found that it has 240.000km in odometer and also found some history!   But it does not work for every country....

They gave me the money back after this report and bought a new second car!

Also if you want to check if the car had a accident can use this kind of device or similar.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Paint-Tester-crash-check-paint-thickness-gauge-paint-thickness-meter-/321732617120?hash=item4ae8c223a0:g:xTEAAOSwLnBXWUO5

They work perfectly! I have one and I can find any part of any car taht has been repainted
Thanks a lot for the info and I will defo buy that paint checker . I'm buying the car from hy dealer so hopefully everything is good.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Paint-Tester-crash-check-paint-thickness-gauge-paint-thickness-meter-/321732617120?hash=item4ae8c223a0:g:xTEAAOSwLnBXWUO5

They work perfectly! I have one and I can find any part of any car that has been repainted

That's a pretty nifty gadget.  :goodjob:

Looks like mainly digital ones in OZ from about A$24 to several hundred $$$ :cool:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Car+Paint+Tester+crash+check+-+paint+thickness+gauge%2C+paint+thickness+meter&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Yes, the analog cheaper device can also do the work and also are often made in germany, poland etc.They  work fine  for  many years without battery etc. The cheap electronic devices are usually chinese working with battery and may stop working after 2-3 years.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 11:07:37 by chris_i30gd »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal