Dazzler family now has two i30's

Dazzler · 72 · 15308

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So after nearly three years with my Calais I started getting itchy feet for that new car smell! I've recently helped a few friends and family to buy cars and the research plus a few test drives resulted in me buying a Fiery RED Auto (DCT) PD i30 SR.

I should get it late next week if the window tinting and front sensors are done by then.

I have some flexibility issues but a recent change in medications has improved that a fair bit. When I looked into getting an economical SUV with the features I wanted the changeover was going to be more than double what I am paying to switch to a fully loaded PD SR.

I decided not to got the Premium as don't use my existing sunroof or heated seats, and can live without LED headlights. I got front sensors, window tinting and a variety of other accessories thrown into the deal.

I drove a 2017 Subaru Impreza yesterday as well as a Kia Sportage Diesel and Tucson Diesel. The Impreza wasn't bad but a bit under powered compared with the SR and servicing was dearer and warranty not as good. The Tucson was nicer than the Sportage in my opinion, but to get the features I wanted (Elite or Highlander Diesel) the Changeover was going to be well over 10K more.

Here are some stock images of the inside and out. I'll update the thread with pictures of mine when I get it and some more feedback.

I must say that Jake and Brad at Motors Devonport were Awesome to deal with. The most stressful part was telling the Wife what I had done when I got home (she doesn't like change)

As a protest she is negotiating to get a Pomeranian Puppy (Dog) which I don't think we need!  :head_knock: :crazy1:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Aussie Keith

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Fitzgibbon, QLD
    • Keith and Joan's Gallery
I hear they go well. Enjoy.
  • i30 CRDi Elite auto (sleek silver)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi Dazz,
You wouldn't believe it but one as you've described was alongside of my wife and I this morning.
Pointed it out to my wife,  "nice,  very nice , like that red " was her reply ," my thoughts exactly " I  said. Hope you and Trish both enjoy the car!
Has hers returned or has she still got the loaner? ?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
At least it's got the right plates on :rofl:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Long way for a test drive   :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Seems like a brilliant deal :goodjob:

I wish our changeover prices were as competitive.

• Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Dazz,
You wouldn't believe it but one as you've described was alongside of my wife and I this morning.
Pointed it out to my wife,  "nice,  very nice , like that red " was her reply ," my thoughts exactly " I  said. Hope you and Trish both enjoy the car!
Has hers returned or has she still got the loaner? ?

She's still got the loaner. Apparently they have put everything together but aren't going to add the deluxe gear fluid I supplied on Craig's recommendation until Monday. They expect it to be ready to collect Monday.  :goodjob:

Yeah, if I forget the 25K I blew in the last three years it wasn't bad.  :snigger:

Mine's not registered yet. Going to continue with the DAZ001 plates.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue

As a protest she is negotiating to get a Pomeranian Puppy (Dog) which I don't think we need!  :head_knock: :crazy1:

Do they sit on the rear parcel shelf and nod at following vehicles

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Do they sit on the rear parcel shelf and nod at following vehicles
No in my car it wont.. :whistler:

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Congrats on the new wheels Dazz. Wish we got the i30 here with a more powerfull engine as your SR edition...  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
A Pomeranian :crazy1:

Dazz, can you put up with a full time indoor dog? they prefer to be around people all the time and the double coat will drive you crazy shedding all over that dark carpet :crazy2:

Quick! get her the Bracelet :snigger:

Car looks great, Kamini likes it too :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

A Pomeranian :crazy1:

Dazz, can you put up with a full time indoor dog? they prefer to be around people all the time and the double coat will drive you crazy shedding all over that dark carpet :crazy2:

Quick! get her the Bracelet :snigger:

Car looks great, Kamini likes it too :goodjob2:

Cheers, My thoughts exactly!

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I like the cockpit layout although the red piping/stitching wouldn't be there for me which is a personal preference thing.

Nice looking car Dazz  :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks Asa. I like the red highlights but I can understand why some like you may not.  :goodjob:

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
Good to hear.
Funny, my wife is pushing me for exact same model but in Marina Blue.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good to hear.
Funny, my wife is pushing me for exact same model but in Marina Blue.

:goodjob: :hatoff:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales

Move to Tassie Stev!!

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
That is great news Dazz, I have seen a few driving around now and like the look.
Hey i like red , But i can remember you in the old FD day's saying Red was not your pick?
i'm not up to date with what under the hood, to me budget the seats and inside!! i go straight to the heart! i always lift the hood find out how much TORQUE and how quick it makes it!
so what motor do the new i30's get?

tires look a bit thin on profile hope Tassie roads smooth?

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The main issue with the red on the FD was it was flat, non metalic paint and might be prone to fading in Tassies harsh sun.

The metalic red on the above model should fair better for the 2 hours of sun Tassie gets a week.  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
My Renault Fuego was red but gradually turned orange above the bumper strips.  :disapp:

You should get the car in white and the pomeranian in red. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Lakes  :wts:

Flat red seems to fade much worse than metallic red for some reason. Had a non metallic red Lancer GSR in around 1989 and even after 12 months you could see some fading!

I think the i30 will fare better + my cars are garaged now.

150K Turbo Petrol 1.6 ltr with 265 nm of torque from 1500 to 4500 RPM  :happydance:

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The main issue with the red on the FD was it was flat, non metalic paint and might be prone to fading in Tassies harsh sun.

The metalic red on the above model should fair better for the 2 hours of sun Tassie gets a week.  :whistler:

Crule!
when i road Cairns home only sun i saw was In FNQ the rest was cloudy even my friends in Eumundi told me never had it so cold before. & remember Tassie was tropical before the ice age.
they make up for winter with very long days in summer and also save daylight!!

Ferrarri Red not metallic they don't fade do they? i had a shinny red V8 ford ute & was still shinny red when i sold it, also owned a Shinny Red HQ One Tonner & stayed Shinny Red was a V8 too.
both not metallic both had clear coat over the paint just like metallic.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:34:54 by Lakes »

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Flat red seems to fade much worse than metallic red for some reason. Had a non metallic red Lancer GSR in around 1989 and even after 12 months you could see some fading!

150K Turbo Petrol 1.6 ltr with 265 nm of torque from 1500 to 4500 RPM  :happydance:

Clear coat.

Headlight protectors also act as a UV filter. saves the Polycarbonate lights going yellow early

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Clear coat.

Headlight protectors also act as a UV filter. saves the Polycarbonate lights going yellow early

thanks for that tw2005! Dazz's new motor sounds good! i would like manual!!
i remember Rick saying how good that 1.6 turbo petrol Veloster felt said if he fitted in that car better he would have owned one.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Clear coat.

i remember Rick saying how good that 1.6 turbo petrol Veloster felt said if he fitted in that car better he would have owned one.
Basically same motor and gearbox as turbo Veloster,  but they've switched to a different turbo I think with a better torque curve and tweaked the DCT transmission as well. :happydance:

Some companies better with paint longevity than others... Mitsubishi and Honda (amongst others) had dodgy paint on some models back in the 90's.

My arm is getting a bit iffy so it has to be an auto and unfortunately the manual misses out on some of my favourite features.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

Clear coat.

Basically same motor and gearbox as turbo Veloster,  but they've switched to a different turbo I think with a better torque curve and tweaked the DCT transmission as well. :happydance:

Some companies better with paint longevity than others... Mitsubishi and Honda (amongst others) had dodgy paint on some models back in the 90's.

My arm is getting a bit iffy so it has to be an auto and unfortunately the manual misses out on some of my favourite features.

A cute young blonde and?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:snigger: I had one of those when I was 40, they are over-rated. :whistler:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I was parked next to a Black SR on Sunday, same trim. Did check the paint out, must say it's a decent coating just a little orange peel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I was parked next to a Black SR on Sunday, same trim. Did check the paint out, must say it's a decent coating just a little orange peel

Haven't seen my actual car yet. Coming from Launceston on the back of a truck. Only other red one I've seen in the flesh was nearly 2 months ago at Agfest. Be interested to inspect the paint close up as red would show any orange peel effect more than white (which was the Demo I drove)

Funny, the red looks darker (more burgundy shade) in some pictures than others..

These were the Agfest pictures again (little did I know I would be buying one exactly like this when I took these photos in early May!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal