i30 Owners Club

FD Drivers window falls.

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
The good wife was driving into a carpark yesterday and opened the window to get the ticket. This has caused the window to go thunk and fall into the door.

The good people at Hyundai managed to fix it yesterday and in time for my wife to pick up the kids from school, im feeling really good about things until I am putting the kids in the car this morning and go to have a look at their work. The screw cover in the handle recess is up. No worries, I'll push it down. It won't go down because the screw is not screwed in. Oh well I will go and get my screwdriver and screw it in. It won't screw in as I turn the screw it leans from left to right and won't bite anything.....

Is there a trick to putting this screw in, or has someone stuffed up and done a very poor job of covering their butt?

I'm hoping their is a trick, as I have enough to do without yelling at a service manager.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The good wife was driving into a carpark yesterday and opened the window to get the ticket. This has caused the window to go thunk and fall into the door.

The good people at Hyundai managed to fix it yesterday and in time for my wife to pick up the kids from school, im feeling really good about things until I am putting the kids in the car this morning and go to have a look at their work. The screw cover in the handle recess is up. No worries, I'll push it down. It won't go down because the screw is not screwed in. Oh well I will go and get my screwdriver and screw it in. It won't screw in as I turn the screw it leans from left to right and won't bite anything.....

Is there a trick to putting this screw in, or has someone stuffed up and done a very poor job of covering their butt?

I'm hoping their is a trick, as I have enough to do without yelling at a service manager.

Photo? Pull it out and see if another screw was put in by mistake? The door handle has 3 screws,  maybe the apprentice put one of those in the trim cover screw hole in haste. better still take the cover out and have a good look
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal