i30 Owners Club

Overheating CD player i30 1013 GD-se

Offline Bubblinky

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
1 month ago I bought a 2013 i30 GD-SE 3 door hatch.  First time I  used the CD player, after 20mins stopped completely.
When I  ejected the CD, both the CD & the head unit burning hot. Waited 30 mins for a cooldown, inserted a different CD, error message  appeared. Ejected CD again, waited nearly 2 hours, CD recognised, then after 20 mins  same same.
Dealer from whom I bpught the car from won't help & directed me to Hyundai. Balance of new car warranty no longer includes
head unit.

Hyundai advised the car must return to an authorised dealer for a $136 per hour assessment, after which a report will be made & Hyundai "may" address the problem.
My problem is the the only authorised Hyundai agent is the same deadsh"" dealer I had to use for my previous car (a Golf).
I have NO respect, faith nor trust with these """"holes.
Anybody had same or similar issue.....with the overheating head unit......haha & maybe the """"soles?
Thanks
  • i30 GD SE 6sp auto 1.6L

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I haven't used a CD in mine but I can confirm that the GD01 head units are absolute rubbish, I've already had mine replaced once because it blew up :eek: and they're not user friendly at all :disapp:

I'm likely going to replace mine soon with this little beauty  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JVC-KW-V820BT-Apple-CarPlay-Google-GPS-Hyundai-i30-GD-GD2-2012-Installation-Kit-/201778337632?epid=0&hash=item2efaed1760:g:L1UAAOSwA3dYcu-w there are cheaper android and WinCE units to be found on Ebay but I don't see the point in changing if I was going to replace with another cheap unit like the standard one it came with.

Your signature states "Auto", I didn't know the 3drs came with any other option than the 6sp manual :confused:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal