i30 Owners Club

Upgrading 2016 i30 GD4 to LED lights front + rear

ko · 6 · 2862

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Hi all :)

I am looking to do a full upgrade of my 2016 i30's lights (both headlights and tail lights) to the led equivalents.  I have spent some time looking around on the forums but it seems most of the links are now dead. Does anybody know of any shops where I can source these parts and what exactly I will need?
  • 2016 i30 Active X, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Red

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
LED tail lights can be found on ebay, these ones have had the reverse and indicators also upgraded to LED http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HYUNDAI-i30-GD-2012-2015-GENUINE-BRAND-NEW-TAIL-LIGHT-SET-LED

Shark Racing stock them also :link: Hyundai i30 - i30 2012-2017 - Exterior - Page 1 - Shark Racing
You can get customised LED/Driveline/Indicator headlights from them but there aren't any genuine LED headlights.

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Thank you very much :)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You're welcome :hatoff:

Those ebay tail lights are superb value, if I didn't already have upgraded tail lights I'd be grabbing those myself :goodjob2:

Note that they don't come from the factory with indicator and reverse LED as pictured there so some third party has done the extra work involved with upgrading them, they'll still be new and come with warranty via the seller though :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:56:20 by CraigB »

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
I've gone ahead and purchased those rear lights!   :happydance:

If I could trouble with you another question. I want to get the front leds with this "surface lit" option found here: :link: 2012-2017 i30-Elantra GT LED Eyeline Module Kit - Type SL - Shark Racing

But it seems that it won't include the turn signals as well like this option here: :link: 2012-2017 i30-Elantra GT LED Eyeline Headlights - Shark Racing

Or am I mistaken? Also with either of these options will I still need to buy white bulbs for the main lights/high beams?  :crazy1:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Both kits are different, surface eyelines wont have the LED indicator and reflectors, the surface kit looks nice though I'd probably go with the other one's :link: 2012-2017 i30-Elantra GT LED Eyeline Headlights - Shark Racing for the extra features.

Yes both versions still require halogen low and high beams, you should be able to use the bulbs from your current lights.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal