i30 Owners Club

Hmmm! Decisions: Decisions.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
It occurred to me the other day I have only actually noticed two PDs on the road. Both were white. One on the Gold Coast highway. The other on the Sunshine Coast highway.
However, number three turned up in the multi storey car park in our town yesterday.

Great colour!

• 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Driven by a confederate thug no less! :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It occurred to me the other day I have only actually noticed two PDs on the road. Both were white. One on the Gold Coast highway. The other on the Sunshine Coast highway.
However, number three turned up in the multi storey car park in our town yesterday.

Great colour!

Nice! I'm spotting a few on the road down here. See one the same colour as mine nearly every Thursday when I go to my mate's place.

Seen a base  model grey, a base model black and a white and blue SR so far.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I've seen a few here, I'll be up Sydney next week, will probably see more there.
dealer had a white sr premium had a sun roof, but was auto.
he said he could get me a manual but that they are not a common thing, so could not test drive, just had to order, I said no way, I won't buy unless I get a good test drive. but they won't get a manual in to test. so I don't believe they can get one. but a nice car. never driven one. but should get a drive of my mates new rs focus, he waited 18 months for them to build it. looks good in pic he sent.
the rs focus is manual awd turbo think he said 2.2 later but no positive . this will be his third focus, before that he had Mazda 3's two in a row.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I've seen a few here, I'll be up Sydney next week, will probably see more there.
he said he could get me a manual but that they are not a common thing, so could not test drive, just had to order, I said no way, I won't buy unless I get a good test drive. but they won't get a manual in to test. so I don't believe they can get one. but a nice car. never driven one. but should get a drive of my mates new rs focus, he waited 18 months for them to build it. looks good in pic he sent.
the rs focus is manual awd turbo think he said 2.2 later but no positive . this will be his third focus, before that he had Mazda 3's two in a row.
New member Jayce has a manual. He had a lot of trouble finding one, but he loves it.

I can switch my auto to manual mode and drive with the paddles on the wheel, but computer does it so well there is no point.

The Focus RS has a cult following,  but don't think I could wait more than 18 months for a Ford. I think they are about twice the price of a manuaĺ SR too.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The Focus RS has a cult following,  but don't think I could wait more than 18 months for a Ford. I think they are about twice the price of a manuaĺ SR too.
The new model is $51k :link: 2017 Ford Focus RS: 1st Place -0K

When you think of what you get for $4000 more than what the N model will have I'd definitely choose the Focus, quite the beast :honk: :D

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia

When you think of what you get for $4000 more than what the N model will have I'd definitely choose the Focus, quite the beast :honk: :D

and trust Ford with a 3 year warranty......
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Warranty’s mean little to many who buy these vehicles, usually within the first few months they’ve installed larger intercoolers - air intakes - headers/exhaust and tricked up the ECU :D

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

51K is nearly two Manual SR's which aren't exactly a bad vehicle.  :whistler:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The SR isn't in the same class though, even the N model cant match it :(

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

The SR isn't in the same class though, even the N model cant match it :(

The top version of the N might not have the outright power of the RS but probably a bit early to discount it as a challenger.  :cool:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Where power is concerned there is no chance of the N being a challenger, it'd be knocked out of the ring :Ouch: unfortunately Hyundai just didn't give it the oomph it needs to be in the running with true hot hatches.

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Also the RS has near perfect suspension which the N would not be able to compete with....

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:crazy1: :TutTut: :argh:

I know which one will be the most reliable though...  :whistler:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
It also has the best heated back window...... :whistler:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Based on those 0-100 figures the Kia Stringer is faster  :neutral:

Looks like a nice car for those who want that kind of thing. I read they noted some brake fade in the Ford,  from reading about Hyundai it is designed to go all day and is an all round package. Will be interesting to see how it goes once it enters the fray.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
True, the V6 twin turbo Stinger will be faster but then the price has also bumped up to just under 60k, looks to be a lovely car though :goodjob2:

Offline jaycelazatin

• 2nd Gear

• Victoria, Australia

Definitely hunt around for a manual SR @Lakes . I drove 45 mins to the other side of Melbourne to test drive one and the difference of driving experience between the manual and auto SR is enormous. As i was telling Dazzler, it's likely just the sensation of changing gears manually myself but it felt a little bit quicker. A hell of a lot more fun to drive in my opinion but to each their own. Happily bought a manual one but the wait is 8-10 weeks as I added the sunroof and bunch of other accessories.
  • 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual (Sunroof) PD

Offline neptune

• V.I.P

• au Australia
True, the V6 twin turbo Stinger will be faster but then the price has also bumped up to just under 60k, looks to be a lovely car though :goodjob2:

They say the new Hyundai Genesis will be quicker than the Stinger.....

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

They say the new Hyundai Genesis will be quicker than the Stinger.....
Well the V6 Genesis G70 will have exactly the same engine and power as the Stinger so if it is quicker then it'll be due to slight gear changes or weight, or both :undecided: and then price bumps up again to just under 70k.

Genesis G70 will be 4.7 seconds 0-100km, Stinger will be 4.9 seconds 0-100km
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 17:09:44 by CraigB »

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal