i30 Owners Club

Avast passwords Question

John B · 5 · 1447

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
Is anybody using Avast password manager ? I have it installed on my Mac and find it so helpful only having to remember the one main password.  I have Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers on my Mac. The main one I use is Chrome, this has my Avast password extension on it. I would like to be able to use it on Safari & Firefox as well but not sure how to go about it. I have looked at Avast FAQ's but not sure if  I am supposed to download an extension on each browser or try importing from them to the extension I have on Chrome.  :undecided: All help appreciated. Thank's.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I use Norton Password Manager (from when I had Norton 360) it doesn't like some sites, but it generally works better for me than Kaspersky which I tried when i swapped to their Antivirus. I hadn't thought of trying it on my Android tablet, but your question kind of made me think of doing it! Thanks!  :crazy1: :rofl:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@John B I personally never venture into this part of the Avast forum but going by one topic :link: Safari extension activation the extension requires installation into each browser, have a poke around in the passwords board and see if your specific question is answered somewhere :link: Avast Passwords

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
I use Ipassword on my Mac and it too is a bit fussy about browsers and I too use Chrome as my main browser very, very occasionally using Safari (if I am forced) when something won't work in Chrome.

I agree with Craig install all the extensions to all of the browsers.

Offline John B

• V.I.P
  • John B /aka Sloop

• au Australia
      Gold Coast Qld
@CraigB  Thanks Craig, I did have a look at Avast faq section but it was not very clear on my particular question,it did comment on synchronisation to other devices but not to other browsers on one computer. It does make sense that Avast passwords needs to be installed on each browser. Thank you for your your help.

@asathorny Thankyou asa, like you I use Chrome as my main browser and occasionally Safari. Thank you for confirming the need to install on each browser.

I was hoping that as Avast Security looks after the Mac and all browsers  Avast Passwords would do the same. I guess when thinking about it you guys are correct in stating it needs to be installed on all browsers as Avast Passwords is an extension.
  • Toyota Kluger KXR AWD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal