i30 Owners Club

Hi from NT - Newly purchased FD i30CW SX CRDi with some issues

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :eek: Looks like you'll have some parts to sell off or re-use now, hopefully you didn't receive any injuries  :Prayer:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Tragic, profile looks interesting.

Glad you're ok. How old was the driver?

One of these?

I hope you're not shelling out the money you mention for the steering.

I just did my rack and sway bar bushes
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ouch, Federal Government you say.....Ching Ching....

:link: The Wog Boy: Car Crash Scene(High Quality) - YouTube
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:18:56 by beerman »
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Ouch, Federal Government you say.....Ching Ching....
Trauma, PTSS, bad back, sleepless nights, flashbacks, cold sweats, nightmares,  stress, anxiety,  :whistler:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Jeepers that's a bummer, pardon the pun. Might have been better if it had been the other one!  :crazy1:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia

One of these?

Yes HX77, driver was 17 or 18 I think. If he was any older it wouldn't been much. I wasn't driving my sister was, luckily not too badly injured. She has some whiplash etc.  She was carted away by ambos. She didnt get drivers contact details. I called the MP`s and gave them his name etc. I was told its a civilian matter as it happen on civilian road..... I said well he was driving an Army truck on a Army Licence.  Didn't matter.  No one has contacted my sister or I.   
  • 2013 I30 Active Tourer. Diesel Auto

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Our other I30 has 66k kms. Already had steering cog done once about 20k kms ago. Now local dealer says it needs doing again, but whole rack needs replacing. Cost of about 2k.  They also said pinging was caused be injector seals leaking....  So not happy 3k for a car thats only done 66k kms. Would understand if it had done  260kms.

Local Dealer is Land Rover and some other high brands. So its joke that we are paying 150 plus and hour for Hyundai.

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

One of these?

Yes HX77, driver was 17 or 18 I think. If he was any older it wouldn't been much. I wasn't driving my sister was, luckily not too badly injured. She has some whiplash etc.  She was carted away by ambos. She didnt get drivers contact details. I called the MP`s and gave them his name etc. I was told its a civilian matter as it happen on civilian road..... I said well he was driving an Army truck on a Army Licence.  Didn't matter.  No one has contacted my sister or I.
I don't know the law but you have insurance I hope? If she was taken away by the Ambos where were the police? There would have to be some report if someone was injured surely?

I would give the insurer the details, let them deal with it  or may take a letter of demand.

I hope the driver was on an approved route and authorised for his sake

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I hadn't thought about injuries. Sorry to hear about your sister, whiplash can be nasty!

Pretty poor turn of events with regards to the perpetrator!  :evil:

Yes, hopefully insured so they can chase it up. Compensation may even be in order. Normally I wouldn't consider that sort of thing but if they want to play hardball then two can play that game!  :whistler:

With regard to the faults with the other car, maybe it's previously had a hard life on less than perfect outback roads?  Certainly premature wear compared to most i30's. I'd be looking for an alternative repairer if possible.  :spitty:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks all.... Sister is doing OK and if they where going faster could have been a lot worse.

The Police did attend, and there is a Police Report. We also have insurance, although I probably under insured it..... as its an agreed value insurance.

We have two options because we dont have other parties details. Pay the 600 dollar excess, they will then follow it up. However it could take up to 6 weeks to get other parties details. Also should be able to get excess back.  Other option and the one we took is get the Police report ourselves. Still takes several weeks and cost 57 dollars.

I did get hold of the Army MP`s to see if I could get the other parties details, due to privacy they couldn't give them to me. I thought that was fair enough and asked if they could pass my number onto them. I was told it is  a civilian matter and they will not assist or interfere with a civilian matter.....  Bit of a joke really. He would have been driving on a Army Licence in a Army Vehicle.  I am EX Army myself, so doesn't surprise me really.

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks all and will keep you all posted

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Thanks all.... Sister is doing OK and if they where going faster could have been a lot worse.

The Police did attend, and there is a Police Report. We also have insurance, although I probably under insured it..... as its an agreed value insurance.

We have two options because we dont have other parties details. Pay the 600 dollar excess, they will then follow it up. However it could take up to 6 weeks to get other parties details. Also should be able to get excess back.  Other option and the one we took is get the Police report ourselves. Still takes several weeks and cost 57 dollars.

I did get hold of the Army MP`s to see if I could get the other parties details, due to privacy they couldn't give them to me. I thought that was fair enough and asked if they could pass my number onto them. I was told it is  a civilian matter and they will not assist or interfere with a civilian matter.....  Bit of a joke really. He would have been driving on a Army Licence in a Army Vehicle.  I am EX Army myself, so doesn't surprise me really.
I thought you said you had his name? Did it make the paper instead of the usual croc stories?

Would be a fantastic promo piece for the RAR and the ADF, building on this experience.

Maybe they're applying "INITIATIVE" before "RESPECT"

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
My sister seen his name of his uniform, what we dont have is his contact details, phone numbers and address etc. MP`s wont help with missing information as its a civil matter.

Dont think it made it to NT News

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
My sister seen his name of his uniform, what we dont have is his contact details, phone numbers and address etc. MP`s wont help with missing information as its a civil matter.

Dont think it made it to NT News
ARN of the vehicle would be key.  From there it has to be logged, the driver has to authorised, the route has to be approved and it may even need convoy orders to go and the road usage also needs to be recorded.

You have photos, you have witneses i presume, police , ambulance and a Police report.

One would think all of that would be sufficient for any Insurance Company, which is ?

I would simply send a letter of demand to the ADF, maybe engage a local member .

Hard to imagine them getting away with it.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Definitely go to your local member. The ADF does cartwheels every time there's a formal complaint made.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline outback jack

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
Thanks.

Pretty poor effort from Defence really.

I am not knocking Defence or its members. But seems to be a lot more accidents involving young members now a days in regard to driving and operating machinery.

Its also disappointing that no one has contacted us to see if driver is ok etc.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal