• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Looks pretty racy!
:link:

Jeepers! I remember that one well! Not the clip, but the song.  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

• Kolpino is the capital of Russia (founded in 1722)
Yep. 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Crazy. well, actually I spent almost two weeks at the airport, while our station manager was on vacation (we are only two authorized on Embraer 170 on the station, meanwhile he holds less privileges, for he is only cat A).
+/- think of Mazda 6 now

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Yep. 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Crazy. well, actually I spent almost two weeks at the airport, while our station manager was on vacation (we are only two authorized on Embraer 170 on the station, meanwhile he holds less privileges, for he is only cat A).
+/- think of Mazda 6 now

You have done well Mate! We are proud of you and it's good to see you are starting to reap the rewards for your hard work.  :victory:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

You have done well Mate! We are proud of you and it's good to see you are starting to reap the rewards for your hard work.  :victory:
Thanks, Daz!
I am still choosing my next car, I have time though. First I have to pay off my home mortgage, that is likely to happen either this or next month.
+ from today on I am an owner of an electrical lawn mower  :D - a convenient thing I would say it is.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks, Daz!
I am still choosing my next car, I have time though. First I have to pay off my home mortgage, that is likely to happen either this or next month.
+ from today on I am an owner of an electrical lawn mower  :D - a convenient thing I would say it is.

Did you go rechargeable? Many years ago I had a "Flymo" it was over 30 years ago so it must have been one of the first. i loved it for the small lawn we had at the time, but the power cord made planning the cutting a bit tricky (accident waiting to happen)  :sweating: I would have loved one of the new whizz bang rechargeables.

Wow that's amazing paying off your mortgage already!  :eek: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
-Seems my country is up shyte creek without a paddle...sad to see what has become of this once beautiful country :blubber:
+Still have my i30, for now :sweating:
  • 2007 A4 Avant 2.0T in Phantom Black. Ex-FD owner!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

-Seems my country is up shyte creek without a paddle...sad to see what has become of this once beautiful country :blubber:

Why mate what is the story? Apart from the murders and home invasions and the usual stuff you guys get?  :undecided:

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!

Why mate what is the story? Apart from the murders and home invasions and the usual stuff you guys get?  :undecided:

The latest buzzphrase seems to be 'expropriation without compensation' and the ruling party has targeted 139 private farms in the first leg of their campaign. 100% of the farms seem to be in the hands of white owners, and the goal is to redistribute this land to the 'rightful land owners' (forgetting that the Khoi-San were the true first inhabitants way before Jan van Riebeeck landed here in the 1600's and way before the Bantu tribes migrated down from upper Rhodesia) by having the government hold the title deeds and in effect leasing the land to the black majority. But let's conveniently forget that the government have about 4000 farms in their inventory that have not yet been redistributed and is just sitting idle.

I am not making it a race thing, just telling it like it is. Our country is teetering on the brink of economic collapse as our currency has lost over 15% of it's value this year alone, food security is a major issue now as the farmers who will possible be losing millions of rands are threatening to burn down their farmland, poisoning the water if they are forced to evict their lands without any compensation. Everyone with the means and the way are emigrating and we are losing much-needed skills by the export of skilled labourers. Add to this fact that most state-owned enterprises are failing (just read the news regarding ESKOM, the SAA, the SA Postal Service) and in constant need of bailouts that the taxpayer has to fork out for, the latest being around AU$6b collectively. Our fuel price is the highest it has ever been, our VAT rate went up 1% to 15% for the first time since I was born and there is the general feeling that the populace of SA is a frog in a pot on a stovetop and the ruling party has now turned all the burners on.

:blubber:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Unfortunately another country giving food sources to those who do not have the education to  produce food on a large scale.
 A popular move,  give the people what they think they want and get elected.   :disapp:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline PhireSideZA

• V.I.P
  • French Diamond Driver

• za South Africa
      Port Elizabeth

• Phil her up!
Unfortunately another country giving food sources to those who do not have the education to  produce food on a large scale.
 A popular move,  give the people what they think they want and get elected.   :disapp:

When you have nothing to show as a ruling party after 24 years of being in power, you start stooping to lower and lower levels.

On the other side of town there are greenhouse tunnels that were erected near one of the poorer communities of Walmer and given to the community food programme some years ago so that they could participate and get involved in farming their own food. This was land that was given to them free of charge, and the tunnels were also erected using taxpayer money and they were also supplied with the means to obtain the knowledge needed to make it work as well as the initial consumables and supplies.

If you drive past there today, nothing is left. Starving cattle graze the barren fields where the tunnels once stood, the buildings stripped down to their foundations for the metal framework which was summarily sold to scrap dealers and the land is pretty much useless.

The sad thing is that the ANC is making the populace believe that 'owning' land will automatically make them wealthy, but they forget the fact that you need capital and human investment to make it work - you don't get to plant money trees on a piece of land and expect Range Rovers and Maybachs to fall into your hands :head_butt:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gee I am really sorry Phil. I knew things were not great there, but we don't hear much about SA (we certainly don't hear about stuff like that)  :disapp: :crazy1:

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Yeah, elections are always a downer, never a perfect outcome. But atleast it gives us some scapegoats for the things that go rotten.

Put my car up for its 115000km oil change today, took the time to do the brakes I could not be bothered doing in march, should have done them sooner. Helluva job now with all corrotion. 5/8 glide pins had seized. Well, all sorted now.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

+ I will take my new Mazda 6 tomorrow in the morning from a local dealer :)

:ttiuwp: in the Members other motors section when you get time please. Congrats, nice car.  :happydance:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

- brought my daughter to a hospital for a scheduled surgery (wife came with her, of course)
+ resumed my running exercises after one year break (6km for the beginning)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
- brought my daughter to a hospital for a scheduled surgery (wife came with her, of course)
I hope nothing serious :Good_luck:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I hope nothing serious :Good_luck:
polyp removal - nothing serious I guess
Still not nice for your baby or you guys.  :Pout:
Best wishes to you all!

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

+ our new family member
in a car, before coming home (scared and upset)

exploring new territory

+ running exercises - back to 10km

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Nice @meehalych  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Wow! Russian cats look the same as Tasmanian cats!  :snigger:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

:D
Just resembles me the phrase from one russian comedy "Russian elephant is the best friend of finish elephant")
Actually, this cat's breed initially appeared in Leningrad in 1988, that is why it is called Neva fancy cat

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:D
Just resembles me the phrase from one russian comedy "Russian elephant is the best friend of finish elephant")
Actually, this cat's breed initially appeared in Leningrad in 1988, that is why it is called Neva fancy cat

Your little girl with love it!  :D

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
And it's going to be called ?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
And it's going to be called ?
Yes..  :lol:

"YES", that's a strange name for any animal   :lol:  :happydance:

Offline meehalych

• V.I.P
  • Aircraft technician

• ru Russian Federation
      Kolpino

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal