i30 Owners Club

2010 FD issues with boot latch

Donk10 · 3 · 1376

Offline Donk10

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      West midlands
Hi guys yesterday I started having issues when I tried to open the boot, sometimes it would open as normal and then others I'd press the button after the car was unlocked and it didn't do anything. I took the trim off to have a look but I couldn't see anything wrong but it doesn't look mechanical so I'm guessing either the solenoid is knackard or it's electrical (god I hope not). Does anyone have any ideas? Is it something I can go to any garage with?
  • 2010 i30 comfort 1.4 petrol

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
May be the wiring or the microswitch. New switch with wires and plate lights for cw costed something like 25€ + shipping from Korea. I would guess hatch parts are in the same price range.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, it sounds like the Actuator AKA microswitch or solenoid. They have been known to give up the ghost in Hyundai doors and tailgates.

The OEM ones are relatively cheap as Sundiz says or you could probably source them much cheaper from a wreckers /breakers yard. Labour will probably be more than the part.

Occasionally I've heard of CRC/WD40 giving them a new lease of life but usually only temporary. Getting at them to lubricate is the tricky part.

Mind you I could be talking crap.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal