i30 Owners Club

Paul Wakeling Hyundai - Sydney NSW

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
I have just recently had the 12mth service done on my i30 by Paul Wakeling Hyundai. I bought the vehicle from them new 12 months ago.
I have to say the service experience was very good.
My context is that I have been servicing my own vehicles personally since 1979, & worked in the automotive service industry since. So for me entrusting my vehicle to a dealership was quite an anxious step to take.
I found the dealership went about their job well & their followup processes (personal discussion with service manager) was outstanding. The dealership were good to work with & seem to be doing what they should without cutting too many corners.
I highly recommend them as a dealership  :)

Into the bargain, I ended up having satnav updated all the way to 2015Q3, but my vehicle was not able to work with the new Android Auto app thing, so I missed out there - though I don't think that is a big deal for me in reality.
While the satnav update is included as part of the deal with purchasing & servicing through the Hyundai Dealer network, the updates are a little behind. For example, my Garmin portable navigator I use in my company car has just been updated (for free) with what they call a 2017-3 update lol.
How much variance there is in mapping detail & accuracy between the i30 nav & the Garmin nav is hard to qualify, but the way the updates are named makes the i30 update seem second rate!
  • 2015 GD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L GDI, Auto, SR Premium, Creamy White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Great feedback thanks. Because they rely on customised 3rd party maps in most instances, all the major manufacturers seem to be behind with their nav updates. My Holden is worse. These still wasn't a single update for my 2014 Calais Nav as of mid 2016 (my last 45k service)!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Splendid review.

Oh, and happy birthday :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Hi,
Thanks for the heads up,
Which Wakeling dealer was it ", Campbelltown or Smeaton Grange?
Got ours at Parramatta-2016 Active X auto $21350 drive away on 06/12/16-Wakeling couldn't match it, but I can do service closer to home.
 Cheers
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
It was at the Campbelltown workshop on Mill Rd, just near to the showroom I purchased from. The service manager there seems keen to do the right thing.
I have no experience with the Smeaton Grange outlet.
Hope that helps.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thanks for that edagrade,
will remember at service time.  :goodjob:
Don't know if to do service via Hyundai and score free road service or use my long term mechanic. Value for money will the decider I suppose
 🤔

Offline edagrade

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Canterbury
No probs mickd,
I had the same vexing question about which service outlet to use, except a variable was that my 'long term mechanic' is myself! Therefore it was a tough choice to make - but I do feel I made the best choice all things considered.  :)

Hoping you are liking yr new i30 as much as I am mine. In a few days I'm about to embark on a return trip to Cairns & I'm really looking forwards to it  :happydance:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Have a good, safe trip  👍

We did a trip as a family to Port Douglas back in 2008, 3 days ,
8 km / L in a 04 Mitsubishi Challenger  - cb saved my license 😏

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal