i30 Owners Club

2013 i30 radio removal

Offline SWDXING

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
G'day everyone.

I have ordered the necessary parts to replace the head unit in my 2013 i30. (SWC Harness, Antenna adapter, fascia kit).

I am just wondering if anyone has come across guides as to how the head unit can be removed in the GD i30 (I think the FD was different).

Thanks.
  • 2013 Hyundai i30 1.8lt Petrol

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Remove the two silver panels that run up to the air events on each side of the radio, starting from the bottom. Then it a just Phillips head screws on the air con panel which goes over the radio fascia. 4 Phillips head screws on the radio then it pulls out. Tell out if you need a hand still, I've replaced mine already
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Remove the two silver panels that run up to the air events on each side of the radio, starting from the bottom. Then it a just Phillips head screws on the air con panel which goes over the radio fascia. 4 Phillips head screws on the radio then it pulls out. Tell out if you need a hand still, I've replaced mine already

Will soon be sending a GD-01 unit over to NZ (Mum has a very recent i30 GD - but NZ gets the mono-colour non-touch screen head-units like most of the rest of the world) - while Mum will get the service centre to fit it, always useful to know what is involved.   And I advised Mum to keep the original unit - as a spare (just in case).
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal