Fairly impressive economy in my 2017 i30 SR DCT

Dazzler · 12 · 4141

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Bit of a road trip in the Dazzler Edition today. Economy was very impressive with a bit of help from road works ( reduced speed limits)

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
I installed a race chip in my 2013 GD in order to get 6.3 L/ 100 KM. I have the 6 speed Auto 1.6 CRDI 128 HP. Without the chip I was getting 7.4 to 7.8 L/ 100 KM.

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
you are certainly clocking the Kilometres up Daz  :whistler: long term test report soon
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I installed a race chip in my 2013 GD in order to get 6.3 L/ 100 KM. I have the 6 speed Auto 1.6 CRDI 128 HP. Without the chip I was getting 7.4 to 7.8 L/ 100 KM.
Not that your GD diesel is in anyway similar to the PD turbo petrol Dazzler is referring too :snigger: but that is quite poor economy for a diesel...even with the chip :undecided:

Bit of a road trip in the Dazzler Edition today. Economy was very impressive with a bit of help from road works ( reduced speed limits)

That’s great economy Dazz :goodjob: amazing how much they can vary with small speed changes, you’re nearly down in my realm which is usually between 5.9 and 6.2.

I filled up yesterday on the freeway and took a straight run to Dave’s and back and managed 5.3 :happydance: best I’ve done yet and probably due to not being a breath of breeze.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

you are certainly clocking the Kilometres up Daz  :whistler: long term test report soon

True. With a few things I've got planned she should be ready for her 40K service in mid November!  :crazy1:

@CraigB Cheers mate. Got 6.4 on the way home.  :goodjob:

Plus my distance to empty went to 710 kms when I filled up near home, without even brimming it. :victory:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Ive been crusing around at 5.1l/100 in the i40 since her last fill  :happydance:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Not that your GD diesel is in anyway similar to the PD turbo petrol Dazzler is referring too :snigger: but that is quite poor economy for a diesel...even with the chip :undecided:

That’s great economy Dazz :goodjob: amazing how much they can vary with small speed changes, you’re nearly down in my realm which is usually between 5.9 and 6.2.

I filled up yesterday on the freeway and took a straight run to Dave’s and back and managed 5.3 :happydance: best I’ve done yet and probably due to not being a breath of breeze.
Yes, the petrol on the PD of course its a different and a newer engine! I know my engine has bad economy and I don’t know why... I am not sure if the 6speed auto gearbox affects the economy but I also pay around €200 for the car’s license which is ridiculous for this kind of a small car and engine. My mother has a MY 2015 Evoque with the 2.0 diesel 180 hp and the license is just €95.
  • Hyundai i30 2012

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ive been crusing around at 5.1l/100 in the i40 since her last fill  :happydance:

I'm jealous of your range. About 1400 kms with that 70 litre tank isn't it? :mrgreen:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Bit more if you brim it  :happydance:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
City driving, i'm hovering around 9L/100, cannot seem to bring it down.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

City driving in Tassie hovers around 8L/100 but Hobart and Launceston aren't as gridlocked as Sydney!  :snigger:

Offline vrace46

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia

Is it high or low 9?
  • i30 N-Line Premium / SP25 GT BM BN / Swift Sport Turbo

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal