• Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 9
  • Dot Users Online:

* Unique Visitors

Free counters!

Recent Topics

December 11, 2017, 20:03:40 by naser_1998x | Views: 194 | Comments: 10

Brake Pads
Hey guys, I have a Hyundai i30 2011 FD 1.6. I want to bleed the breaks on it, however, which wheel do you recommend to start with first? every person on youtube says something different. Also, do you recommend the one person method or the two person method? Which is the most safest?
And is DOT 3 better than DOT 4 break fluid or scrap all that and get the genuine Hyundai brake fluid?
And is there torque specs for the screw that you take off to bleed the valve?
Many thanks
December 09, 2017, 23:49:59 by kroner | Views: 209 | Comments: 11

Wipers
Hi All.

probably a silly question, so apologies in advance.
a while ago I noticed my stock wipers squeaking, so I replaced the rubber strip for some el cheapo I bought from supercheap auto in Oz.
Didn't seem to do much to be honest, though now it's more of a chattering noise.

I wiped the windscreen very well with glass cleaner, as well as the wipers to no avail.

am I missing something?
what products do you guys recommend?
when it does rain, it very annoying!

tks
December 06, 2017, 21:39:27 by JHI30 | Views: 555 | Comments: 23

TurboCharger
Hi All,

I need to replace my turbo on my 2008 crdi after 200,000km. Iíve been quoted a ridiculous amount to replace it. I already have the Garret replacement turbo and wanted to give this a go myself. Has anyone done this before themselves? It doesnít appear to be too difficult but wanted to know if thereís anything important I need to know about? I have new oil, gaskets, oil feed line etc... Has anyone got a workshop manual that details the step / process? Just want to make sure Iím not missing anything

Thanks in advance.
Jim.
December 04, 2017, 00:37:32 by Deadduck | Views: 361 | Comments: 17

Kangaroo start
Hi everyone I have bought myself an i30 1.6L diesel auto and love it, but I have a slight problem. It will do it cold or hot and any speed braking or not, it's just complety random.

I will just be driving along then all of a sudden it will jolt (like someones tapped on the brakes hard for less than a second) it has 230 tho kms on the clock when it happens; the revs drop off and come back up. I have replaced the engine as the old one has bad timing rattle then i accidentally cooked it but i used the injector and pump that came on the new one. Got it all coded done diesel filter air ect; it did it on the old engine and also now the new one.

Anyone have any ideas where to look or what it could be? thanks
December 01, 2017, 21:49:23 by Digby Jones | Views: 405 | Comments: 23

Oil
Hello,

I recently bought a Hyundai I30 2010 Trophy, ( Petrol 2.0lt, 5spd manual ) about 4 weeks ago.  It has 90,000km on the clock.
I have noticed the oil light staying on after startup, and sometimes it goes out quickly, other times it takes a long while 30+ seconds.  Once it didn't go off for over 60+ seconds.  On the way to work the other day, I was stopped at a set of traffic lights and the oil light was flickering on/off, but went off completely when I revved the engine.  I was concerned, but thought it may be an oil sensor ( I have checked the oil level and it was fine ). 

I took it to my mechanic for a full service ( oil changed ), also to change the timing belt/water pump.  I specifically mentioned my oi...
November 27, 2017, 06:13:02 by Kliment | Views: 177 | Comments: 2

Temperature
Hello everyone,
Last year I bought a second hand Hyundai i30 2009 LPG 1.4 80kw.
Last winter I felt that the right ventilation hole was blowing cold air and the rest 3 of them were fine and blowing hot air.
Thus year the right 2 of them are faulty and blowing cold air and I start to feel that the left one is starting to blow cold air while the heating is set on.
Does anyone had this kind of problem before?
Please share with me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

November 27, 2017, 02:11:15 by yldcrd | Views: 307 | Comments: 12

Possessed
Hi All,

I have a 2014 Hyundai i30 GD2 active auto australian model. Car drives very well and no issues when driving.

However, the car intermittently, and very rarely makes a very grinding electrical sound just before it starts to crank. then once it cranks over the idle chugs for like 30secs to minute. Then it will sometimes blow a heap of white smoke out the exhaust pipe. the smoke will disappear like the idle chugs and then its back to normal. Below is an exact video of what the idle chugs look and sound like:

The other issue is with the radio dropping out randomly and making fuzzy sound and the only w...
November 27, 2017, 00:58:34 by NATHAN_P | Views: 153 | Comments: 2

Bulbs
How to adjust  headlight  on i 30 2013 , distance  from the wall and height low beam and high ? :'(
November 24, 2017, 19:02:13 by Fireescape | Views: 719 | Comments: 33

Clutch
Hello
About 2 weeks before the end of my 6 speed manual diesel i30's warranty period I notice that changing gears became difficult. It was always a very smooth and light action but, overnight, it became stiff and hard to engage each gear, including reverse. I checked the clutch master cylinder fluid levels, which were fine, and couldn't see any leaks around the master or slaves cylinders, so decided to get my local Hyundai dealer to have a look . They agreed that it was stiffer than normal to change gears, but like me, couldn't see any external issue. They told me that more likely than not that the clutch was worn and would need replacing, which would cost around the $1300 mark and would take 2 days. As the car was still able to be dri...
November 23, 2017, 07:09:58 by charles-carol | Views: 419 | Comments: 17

Oil Leak
I am looking at changing the engine oil in my Hyundai active blue drive crdi MK2 GD. I cannot find a stockist of Shell Helix Ultra Extra. Can anyone recommend an alternative oil that they have used without any problems.

Thank you
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14

Calendar

December 2017
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

* This Week's Heroes

Dazzler Dazzler