i30 Owners Club

Uk model designations, need defining please?

Bighvm · 5 · 2042

Offline Bighvm

• 2nd Gear
Well gents, I see, s, se, se nav and premium models... I'm looking at 2013-14 models as these are it seems in my price range when I get down to buying soon..
I would like an she nav model if I can get my hands on one when the time comes..
Any advice on what to look for in the uk market place, for example they will be approaching the end of the 5 year period of warranty... so provided all stamps are there and she drives well, anything else to be aware?
Just thinking this could be a hard one to judge as I've not even driven one before, so a comparison may be hard to evaluate..
Maybe this can't be answered outright by anyone...just trying to glean some owners advice to enable a good choice on my part.
Any help appreciated chaps!
  • I30 auto diesel to buy in near future!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
We have different models in Australia, but I wouldn't be paying extra for a model with navigation. In built navigation in most brands is over-rated with out of date and costly updates required (when cheap stand alone Garmins and TomToms can be had with free lifetime updates) Fortunately I have 10 years free updates with my new i30, but don't expect them to be that up to date.

My advice if time is your friend would be to test drive a variety of models with different transmissions and engines to see which you prefer. Remembering the Diesel in the UK (with DPF) needs a good half hour highway/motorway run every couple of weeks to work at its best. :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Bighvm

• 2nd Gear
Thanks so much for your admired knowledge, I hope to find more thoughts on this matter.. much appreciated dear friend.

Offline Bighvm

• 2nd Gear
So what to go for.. I.6 diesel auto, I'm thinking?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
So what to go for.. I.6 diesel auto, I'm thinking?

We have a site called Carsales.com (and a few others) in Australia, where you can put in various parameters to narrow down your search. If you have something similar in the UK, I suggest you play around with different configurations of i30 to find the best cars for your budget.

For example you might get a better model lower mileage/newer by going for say a 1.6 petrol tourer (which is a very nice car) than an older /higher mileage diesel.. Just as an example.

So, say choose Hyundai, i30, Automatic, 2012-2015, 5000 to 8000 pounds (and see what comes up) - obviously adjust my examples to suit your budget and preferences. 
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal