i30 Owners Club

Overall Drive Car of the Year award!

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
But, in the end, the Hyundai i30 SR, as our Best Small Car category winner, is the 2017 Drive Car of the Year - a first for the brand and any South Korean car maker.

That alone highlights the significant progress Hyundai has made over the last decade, but the i30 SR is more than just a coming-of-age car for the company as it is a brilliantly executed small hatchback that builds on Hyundai’s age-old ethos of providing value for money by matching the best in the world in terms of quality, comfort and solid engineering.

Featuring the latest safety and connectivity features, it offers more than a generous list of equipment with a level of performance and driving character you’d expect from a rival car costing significantly more. The judges were impressed by its perky 1.6-litre turbo charged engine and a locally-developed chassis that is comfortable and charming in equal measures.

Priced from $28,950 (plus on-road costs), it is, firstly, affordable but, more than that, it is fun to drive, classy to look at, spacious enough to suit most families, efficient to own and comes with excellent long-term ownership incentives.

It is a car that perfectly reflects the changing automotive landscape.

:link: 2017 Drive Car of the Year
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Another great result for Hyundai :goodjob: they're moving forward in leaps and bounds over the last several years and they must be starting to get under the skin of many of the other car makers at this stage :)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal