i30 Owners Club

aftermarket android auto for i30 tips to make it run much much faster!

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Hi, I wanted to share some hints and tips
for those who bought aftermarket car android
for their hyundai i30gd but works generally for all rockchip units

I have videos in other posts below of how the device works now.

I have a quad core  unit with cpu rk3188  and 1Gb RAM  and android 5.1.1 in my i30.
http://i.imgur.com/HR4Xuvc.jpg

The unit was not very fast - was average and was working slowly for example with  music and navigation at the same time so I tried to make run faster and I succeed that. Now it works 2-3 times faster that when I bought it and is working so fast!

TIPS to make ur system faster:
1. The most important thing to make it work faster is to root the device.
- Step 1: Go to settings of the android device  and in the end of the settings click on factory settings.
There type the code *#hct#root#  and click ok.
-Step 2: Open wifi and connect to the internet. From your internet browser visit link :link: KingoRoot for Android, the best One Click Root Tool/APK for free. and download kingoroot app for android. In your android menu it has an app apkinstaller. Run apkinstaller it and choose to run the file you have downloaded in the folder of download.
- Run kingoroot and it will root ur device! Be carefull kingoroot works but kingroot(a similar app)  does not root the device (kingoroot works only!)

After that ur device is rooted and can make it runner much faster!

- Download from playstore now the app  L-speed and run it. Choose any option  that makes the unit faster. At least the Performance profile  and all options that u see that  make the device faster.

- Download from play store any dissable service app and dissable  pinyin keyboard, microsoft exchange, google, gmail apps at least.

2. Also if you want to change the logo when the device boot and want to appear hyundai logo then go to settings of android - > factory setiings -> enter the code: m123456 and press ok. Then it will appear a menu with more options and with the option to choose the logo of device boot.

WIth these changes my device run 2-3 times faster and is really fast like octacore unit!

DO any changes with ur own risk! They worked for me.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 23:19:51 by chris_i30gd »
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks very much Chris!  :brilliant:

Administrator Comment As Chris says do this at your own risk. The club takes no responsibility if it doesn't work or the unit fails...
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thanks very much Chris!  :brilliant:

As Chris says do this at your own risk. The club takes no responsibility if it doesn't work or the unit fails...

So if you root your unit it could get rooted?  :whistler:
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

guest9517
If you got MTCD-motherboard, get the PX-5 board instead & the unit will transfer completely, like night/day. I upgraded my PX-3 1GB Android 5.1 Unit with this, which gave me Android 6.0 2GB RAM and a unit i really love now with Youtube starting up within seconds, compared to 1-3 minutes! on former PX-3 with Malaysk firmware.

5.1 is to way demanding for 1 GB RAM

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Now my device is working very very fast. Multitasking is working great and is opening every app in second.
The rom is the stock rom just is rooted. Also now the ram is 53% free with 1gb ram.  So I have wrote
my experience for users with 1Gb ram devices to make their device work really fast. Now it open youtube in 2 seconds,
music, rear view camera and video in 1 second! So there is no need to buy a new one :)

I will send a video of how is working
Regards!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 18:24:28 by chris_i30gd »

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
with android auto you can watch youtube videos whilst driving?? apple carplay can't do this... :(
  • 2016 i30 Active X, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Red

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
there is an option in settings to allow or not allow to play video while driving, so you choose...

guest9517
there is an option in settings to allow or not allow to play video while driving, so you choose...

"Video" is like MP4 or DivX, through the units video app or DVB-receiver/DVD-player if mounted.

Unfortunately there is a lot Apple wont do, due to the company wants to be totally in control of userneeds. (Not trying to start a relious war here between Android & Apple). But just like Aplle products wont allow you to use their units as memory-stick with direct transfer of files between ex. a PC & the unit.

Offline ko

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia
Do these units do android auto wireless?
  • 2016 i30 Active X, 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.8lt, Auto, Red

guest9517
Do these units do android auto wireless?

They are Android units, why would you do that. (havent tested myself)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Ok ,
 so,
to make it go fast I need to kingroot it.
 Jez before when I  rooted something I had to buy another one , or , few drinks before.
Times have changed   :mrgreen:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Rooting a device is like unlocking it and can modify the android as you want. I just mention again that kingOroot works but kingroot does not work for rooting rk3188 devices. I wrote  instructions in my first post.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 17:02:19 by chris_i30gd »

guest9517
That looks very usable, nothing like experienced before the update of my unit. Brilliant alternative :goodjob2:

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
I send 4 more videos of device after root with boot, navigation, reverse camera speed and how to change hyundai logo of boot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spdLot6IDTg&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4_KvXX2E0&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_z_Vh4c9Tg&feature=youtu.be

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 06:55:21 by chris_i30gd »

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
Rooting your 2Gb ram device and octacore cpu ChipMik will make it work ultra fast so.
As the quad core device work very nice now

guest9517
I already run the Malaysk firmware (imagine you know about it), but will try it later today :lol:

Btw: Password for factory settings is 126 in some units (like mine)

The main reason the speed of your unit increases so much is your freeing up RAM. As a 2 GB RAM system doesnt suffer from lack of RAM, it will only be the Octa-core that will make it faster. But takes the sw is made for exploiting multi-cores, which i dont think a lot of programs does today.

As said, will test later today & will come back about how i suddenly got overtaken by my faster-than-light unit :-D

guest9517
Tested, but no recognizable change on my 2 GB unit.

" Administrator Comment
As Chris says do this at your own risk. The club takes no responsibility if it doesn't work or the unit fails..."

I really love if the "club" takes responsibility for other stuff we play around with  :goodjob2: :happydance:

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
One extra setting with own risk is this and I notice the biggest change in speed today.

I installed cpu no frills, http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.sineo.android.noFrillsCPU&hl=el
and in this app I set governor to performance, the min cpu speed to be the max speed, 1.6Ghz and to run at startup.

What a huge change. All Apps now start in miliseconds! And the heavy navi app in 3 secs!

I will post extra message after days of use. The device is not running in battery. The governor of the initial unit
was  for battery save use.

The 2Gb ram  unit is already fast enough and no need to play with changes so.

The best advantage of rooting in a fast device  is that can move apps from internal rom to sd. My device has 2Gb internal space + 14Gb sd internal.
But the apps can be installed only in the internal space that is very low. After rooting the device can download any app from play store that is app2sd and move android apps to sd and so to have free space in the internal rom  -  that is important.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 15:29:14 by chris_i30gd »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Tested, but no recognizable change on my 2 GB unit.

" Administrator Comment
As Chris says do this at your own risk. The club takes no responsibility if it doesn't work or the unit fails..."

I really love if the "club" takes responsibility for other stuff we play around with  :goodjob2: :happydance:

:sweating: :mrgreen: :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
After some days of use of the rooted and tweaked device I can say that is
working perfectly and is not only usable but is very fast!

Offline shawt

• 1st Gear

• cz Czechia
      Prague
Great topic.
I just ordered this unit with 2GB RAM and quad core with android 7.1. I hope it will be running fast. I would like to ask if is possible to connect original microphone with this android radio.
:link: Quad Core Android7.1 Audio SatNav Car DVD GPS Navigation Headunit For Hyundai I30 Elantra GT 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 Auto Radio-in Car Multimedia Player
  • Hyundai i30 SW 1,6GDI

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
In my unit it has an extra microphone in package with cable etc and the expert who installed  the unit plugged and this microphone and in install italso and this.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:07:11 by chris_i30gd »

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
With 2 gb ram the unit will run fast. Mine have 1gb and it runs ok only  after rooting and pausing some apps.
Now it runs perfectly. Also I have bought the original sysgic maps from playstore and they run fasteer and I have the latest version of software and maps to navigate anytime

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal