i30 Owners Club

Sound problem with 2012 GD LG navigation system

Offline lansing

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
      HU
Hello All!

Two weeks ago i update my I30 2012 GD LG navigation system. System version is 7.7.4. (earlier 7.5.8) Everything work well, but the audio sound became terrible. Earlier (before the update)with the factory built speakers the sound was good, but now i set the bass/tre/mid but the sound is like an old kitchen radio.
What can i do? Did anyone encounter such a problem? 
Thank you!
  • I30 2012 GD

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Lansing. If it was the software update that caused the problem and no handling of the hardware, then another software update is needed. Someone here may be able to advise about rolling back or finding a later update. Good luck. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@lansing have you tried running the update again? I've seen somewhere on the forum it was mentioned that running the update twice fixed issues with some systems.

Offline lansing

• 1st Gear

• hu Hungary
      HU
Hello!

Thank you your answers. A tried refresh again the unit but the problem is there. When i open the dealer test mode i can see a EQ setup. This setup is FLAT. Can i modify this EQ settings? I think before the update the unit used another EQ setting. On the audio setup i can modify only BASS/MID/TRE and Super Bass, but i dont feel different when i modify. But earlier this audio setup worked well.
  • I30 2012 GD

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Are LG the factory supplied systems for your location or is this an aftermarket system? We don’t get LG stereos here so I couldn’t comment on settings information.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome lansing.

It's a long shot, but try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for a minimum of 30 minutes. It has been known to fix all sorts of odd issues. If not, you may have to try and revert back to the previous version. Have you asked your local Dealer for advice or the Hyundai help line in your area? Sorry we can't be more help.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal