i30 Owners Club

Servicing question?

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
I am going to view a almost new Hyundai i30 1.6 crdi SE NAV 2017 tomorrow with the intention to buy however I have a question about when I should service this car.
The service book says 1 year or 20,000 miles which ever comes first but the car only has 2500 miles on clock and will be 1 year old in May 2018 so will only have about 5000 - 6000 miles on clock by that time.
Will I need to service it then to keep up warranty even though it’ll only have 6000 miles on it.
Thanks
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I am going to view a almost new Hyundai i30 1.6 crdi SE NAV 2017 tomorrow with the intention to buy however I have a question about when I should service this car.
The service book says 1 year or 20,000 miles which ever comes first but the car only has 2500 miles on clock and will be 1 year old in May 2018 so will only have about 5000 - 6000 miles on clock by that time.
Will I need to service it then to keep up warranty even though it’ll only have 6000 miles on it.
Thanks
I would say yes and frankly why not. Realistically it only needs an oil and filter change but Hyundai would be the ones to ask. I expect for warranty you will.

I don't understand how you can  run oil for 32000k. That would scare me :faint:
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :whsaid:

My wife only does around 7,000 kilometres a year in her 2014 i30 tourer but I'm happy to pay for a service every 12 months so as not to void the warranty.

All i30's except the 1.6 turbo are 12 months or 15,000 kilometres in Australia  (whichever comes 1st.) The interval is down to 10,000 kilometres on the 1.6 turbo, like mine. Which can be a bit of a pain if you do the traveling that I do at times.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
I have a 2012 petrol.

Service is
From first registration 20,000 miles or 2 years whichever comes first. Then every 20k or 2 years from date if service.

However, if the car does less than 12k in 12 months from first registration then interim service, oil and filter change. And then at 2 years full service.

Then the 12 month rule then applies.

So in your case an interim will be required after 12 months from first registration as under 12k miles if same service requirements for your 2017 crdi.

Also, hy only allow a + of 1 month or, i think 500 miles from anniversary date to keep warranty intact.

The service hand book should give full details.

If buying from hy dealer it would be interesting what the sales person says........ but then question their response and see if it changes.

Hope car meets your expectationat the right price

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Bubbacpt

• 2nd Gear

• scotland Scotland
      West Lothian

• i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV
Thanks eye30, I currently have a 2014 1.6 crdi and the servicing is 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever comes first with optional interim services in between but the new model is 1 year or 20,000 miles whichever comes first, all services are scheduled and none are optional or interim.
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi SE NAV 6 speed manual

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal