i30 Owners Club

Found this sub.... now I30 with Nav install...

Bry · 9 · 3948

Offline Bry

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, West Australia
In my usual 'I want something better' with regards to sound, I was looking at options to increase the bottom end in the i30 without massive boxes, I'd been reading a heap of reviews etc on under seat subs, when this little beauty popped up.

I'd heard them working a few times, and for the price!  :cool:

Wandered out to the car and looked at the rear flooring, man it's light, and I couldn't bolt through so I hadda make a false floor and flex some thinking muscles I hadn't used for awhile!

Cut out made from 9mm MDF, had to cut the rear corners a little bit more to allow it pivot as much as I could to get tyre out.

Three hours later!

And sitting in there....

Now... to do the captive T nut mounts as these are designed to be strapped to the floor for easy removal when the seat goes down it's 10mm higher so it carries the flat area through, very pleased with outcome.

Now to Dynamat the boot, fit the Android head unit with the damn fascia that is expensive for the GD series with NAV, and it should be good.

The standard unit is a slug after using Android head units in the other car.

Sitting at the post box......  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:01:27 by Bry »
  • 2013 GD Elite, 5D Hatch,1.8lt, Auto, Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for the pix. Shame it wouldn't have fitted under the back seat. I use every inch of my boot so luck I wasn't planning on adding a sub. But I like pioneer stuff so I'm sure it would make a noticeable difference.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
It'll definitely do the job but it's a little large for my liking, then the extra weight of the MDF flooring would be a concern for me.

I'm currently thinking of getting one of the Pioneer space savers, they're a brilliant design:goodjob2: :link: Pioneer ts-wx610a Space-Saving Active Subwoofers (2 x 100 W ) NIP - Berlin | eBay

Offline Bry

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, West Australia
I looked at those. Interesting. The floors all of 5Kg's ish. Besides I needed a good base to mount the amp to. Just finished the sealing foam underneath and amp mounting straps.

The hard bit is it's there but the head unit hasn't turned up yet. Nor the fascia damnit! Looks nice but I can't use... Feels like a bar situation!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:44:21 by Bry »

Offline Bry

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, West Australia
Sheesh... This has been fun so far, bracket came in finally found a kit which would work with the Elite Nav unit, it's a Metra Kit.

Got it and opened up, you can use as a single DIN as well. Best I could find was $85AUD. Kinda expensive. But the finish matches the dash AND I haven't got to get a new climate surround.

You can fit a single DIN as well, Handy I guess....... I play Atari pong occasionally as well..... ;)

Fitted the new Android in, had to dremel 2mm off each side, I had a standard size JVC which fitted in with no problems. So if you bought one of the majors it should go straight in.

Sat in the dash while I was sorting the wiring, finish matches so I'm well pleased!

Offline Bry

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, West Australia
The wiring... holy hell, if you've a factory NAV be careful using the aftermarket speaker harness kits, as the speaker outputs are different in the plug. The head unit is a  OEM LAN1050EHGD.

Should point out I got that large plug from Joying, it's am IX35 but you just use a prong and remove connectors and shift/remove as need be. Time consuming but makes a neat result.

You can see the two front channels (white/Grey) are not side by side, tested with generator in car and sure enough, weird since every other loom for these has side by side for front/rear speaker connections.

I found a really useful link on a spanish I30 site for the service manual on the unit. Incredibly handy.

http://www.docdroid.net/NgRxFar/lan1050ehgd.pdf

The elite has a microphone in the roof above the driver, so I've made a patch lead to run this with the android unit, a catch is that these NAV units use a seperate plug (plug C) for the reverse camera and the supply to the camera optics is -6V- not 12V. Had this in the Rukus as well, strange how they do this. So onto eBay for this,

:link: 12v to 6v Dc-dc Buck Converter Step Down Module Power Supply Volt Regulator | eBay

This'll power the camera, the reversing camera operation is driven independent of the head unit being connected.

And to use the factory GPS antenna, you can get these connectors off AliExpress..

:link: Fakra C Adapter Plug to SMA Male GPS Antenna Fakra Extension Cable RG316 15CM Pigtail for VW for Seat for Benz for ford-in Connectors from Home Improvement

Biggest stuff up...

I forgot the antenna socket!

:link: AERPRO APA47 ANTENNA ADAPTOR AERIAL PLUG CABLE LEAD WIRE LOOM FOR HYUNDAI KIA | eBay

So, soon, I might hear my sub. Hope it works. Back to the mailbox.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:35:21 by Bry »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks for all that! Good luck with it!  :goodjob2:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline jajceko

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
Great and usefull stuff. Thanks for the links, they help a lot!

Any news on the progress?
  • Hyundai I30 2016 1.6 CRDi

Offline ffroms

• 1st Gear

• hr Croatia
This looks great. It would be nice if you could create "How to..." for us.
I have same unit as you and also Elite with built in mic, GPS antenna etc.
I bought my self Android 8 unit:
:link: UK STOCK Android 8.0 7.1 Radio Car DVD player GPS Navigation Headunit FM For Hyundai I30 Elantra GT 2012 2016 Multimedia Audio -in Car Multimedia Player

It would be nice to have mapped pins.
BTW, how you could connect GPS antenna with adapter from your link because they are completely different?
  • i30 Elite 5 Door Hacth, Diesel 1.6, Manual, Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal