i30 Owners Club

Decisions, decisions.....

FatBoy · 13 · 3779

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
Yes, I'm back.

Now, the lease on my current vehicle (V8 ute) runs out at the end of this year (November), and I'm not sure what to replace it with.  Should I get an i30N?  Or just get an i30N instead?

Seriously though, it is on the short list.  Others that are currently on the list are Ford Focus ST (new), Subaru WRX (new or STI with low kms if available), a Subaru Forester (new), or a Volvo S60 (low km R-design).  All of the reviews I have seen have me leaning to the i30N.

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Mate you can become   a reborn club  member if you buy an N.
An un-named techy will be grovelling at your feet.
We have women if you need them  :cool: :cool:
Do it!
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Out of that list I'd probably pick the N to Jamie :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:32:59 by CraigB »

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Definitely an N Jamie..

You need to make up for that dreadful decision to buy a Holden Trailblazer over a Sante Fe...  :whistler:

How is the Trailblazer going BTW?  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
The Santa Fe was an option until we saw the towing capacity.  Our camper trailer has a MAUW of 2000kg, which is the max tow weight of the Santa Fe; a bit too tight for my liking.  That and the car wasn't as big as the Trailblazer for our teenage giants (6'1" and 6'3").  I do still like the Santa Fe, great styling and specifications (except for the towing capacity).

The Trailblazer is going quite well.  No issues at the moment, touch wood.  It's had a few minor recalls (covered during regular service) for things such as reprogramming of the ECU for DPF burns, and auto window down for opening and closing doors.  The servicing is good, with capped price servicing for the life of the vehicle.  We did have a "DPF full, continued driving mandatory" warning come on just after we picked it up.  I think it was due to the car sitting in the yard and just started up and idled to recharge the battery.  After 35000km we haven't had any issues with the DPF.  That is probably due to our shortest drive being 20 minutes at 80-100 km/h, enough time for a regen to happen.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Cheers Jamie. I forgot about the towing capacity issue.  :-[

I've probably watched too many Auto expert anti Holden Videos..  :snigger:

My Holden was a pretty good vehicle overall.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Was listening to the ABC the other night old mate who does the Auto section re Holden said:

Has the second biggest dealer networlk after Toyota even after downsizing.
Has sold Opel and Vauxhall meaning a lesser pipeline for RHD cars.
Opel supplies a number of vehicles for Australia (Commodore/Astra for example)
It is expensive to engineer vehicles for the RHD market.
Sales of Holden's have dropped through the floor. Most of the registration vehicle numbers are unsold dealer demos.
No sales = no profit.....

• A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@FatBoy We have the Camaro arriving on our shores before to long, that might be a temptation :) fuel usage would likely be worse than the ute though :eek:

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
@FatBoy We have the Camaro arriving on our shores before to long, that might be a temptation :) fuel usage would likely be worse than the ute though :eek:

I work in the Oil and Gas Industry, so fuel usage is not an issue for me.  I have to support the industry that supports me!!

That being said, the purchase price of the Camaro will probably be a deal breaker.  I did have one as a hire car in Hawaii last year.  It was a bright yellow convertible.  Great performance from the V6 (250kw from memory).

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

I work in the Oil and Gas Industry, so fuel usage is not an issue for me.  I have to support the industry that supports me!!

That being said, the purchase price of the Camaro will probably be a deal breaker.  I did have one as a hire car in Hawaii last year.  It was a bright yellow convertible.  Great performance from the V6 (250kw from memory).
Yeah the price wont be cheap, similar starting price to the Clubsport I believe and it only goes up from there :eek: stick with the N mate :goodjob2:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
ns
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :faint: WOW !!
When do you take delivery Gonz ?
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Smokeyr67

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane

I'm my own gas industry :(
  • IO 30 N

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal