i30 Owners Club

Installing spot light on a GTS 2018(I30 PD)

Offline Silver914

• 1st Gear

• ca Canada
Hi, I just install some led spot behind the grill because they are no more bumper on this car! 8-) here some pics to show my installation and the result.

how is aluminium found

• Elantra GT Sport 2018

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon: Nice work. Thanks for sharing and the photos.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Looks good! :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Nice work,  any pics before grille put back on?
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Silver914

• 1st Gear

• ca Canada
I forgot to take this picture. But I have to realign the spot so I'm gonna take a picture next time.
  • Elantra GT Sport 2018

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
How well do they work with an interrupted beam? a night time photo with beams directed a distance up the road would be good for us to see how effective they are.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
It looks cool  :goodjob:

On a side note how difficult is it to remove the front bumper? few clips and pulling  :sweating:
My bumper was ripped off in hit & run accident last January but I never really looked at difficulty involved before it went to repairers :whistler:
  • 2017 PD SR 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt Auto, Blue

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
On a side note how difficult is it to remove the front bumper? few clips and pulling  :sweating:
Scott, you'll have one screw either side in the wheel well where the guard meets the bumper, then several push screws under the bonnet running along the radiator support beam and several more push screws beneath where bumper attaches to the plastic inspection panels.

Then it just pulls away, make sure to have a blanket beneath so it doesn't get scratched on the floor and lower it slowly till you can unplug the DRL's, I've got it down to an art now and can get the GD bumper on and off in 15-20 minutes :)

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Quote from: Crustycottage on 1 hour  ago
On a side note how difficult is it to remove the front bumper? few clips and pulling 
Scott, you'll have one screw either side in the wheel well where the guard meets the bumper, then several push screws under the bonnet running along the radiator support beam and several more push screws beneath where bumper attaches to the plastic inspection panels.

Then it just pulls away, make sure to have a blanket beneath so it doesn't get scratched on the floor and lower it slowly till you can unplug the DRL's, I've got it down to an art now and can get the GD bumper on and off in 15-20 minutes

Cheers Craig. I added a dazzler style red stripe to replacement bumper lower lip on Sunday, and noticed that Gemini repairers did not install the lower grille properly (sticking out on bottom), and to be honest i didnt look down there due to all the other QA concerns so what has now been seen cannot be unseen.  :crazy1:

Still a couple of strategic spots added could be advantageous too if the beam spread is adequate behind the grill obstructions  :whistler:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Cheers Craig. I added a dazzler style red stripe to replacement bumper lower lip on Sunday, and noticed that Gemini repairers did not install the lower grille properly (sticking out on bottom), and to be honest i didnt look down there due to all the other QA concerns so what has now been seen cannot be unseen.  :crazy1:
That's something I'd take back to Gemini and make them fix, the managers need to know their staff are useless...If people don't report these things then quality control never improves.

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
That's something I'd take back to Gemini and make them fix, the managers need to know their staff are useless...If people don't report these things then quality control never improves.
It seems Gemini left me a little gift when I took the bumper off tonight, a Stanley screwdriver fell out obviously used as a pry trim tool. And you wonder why I wont let those muppets touch the car again

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thankfully it didn’t work it’s way out while you were driving, might have ended up in a tyre :disapp:

Offline Crustycottage

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth
Thankfully it didn’t work it’s way out while you were driving, might have ended up in a tyre :disapp:
yep should be happy for that & new screwdriver.  :whistler:
The clips on the bumper bottom were little fiddly little buggers , with one particularly stubborn. Gemini have used different screws to each front guard. At the end of the day, there ain't too many plastic clips holding the bumper on.  :sweating:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal