i30 Owners Club

No Sound from Speakers - 2013 i30 Tourer

Offline whiteman

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Aus
Hey,

Hoping someone much more knowledgeable than myself may have a solution to my problem.

Roughly three weeks ago the speakers in my 2013 i30 Tourer stopped emitting any sound.

I first noticed it when turning the car on and I was met with silence. However, turning off and on again fixed it on that one occasion. The on-off fix only worked the one time and I've since been driving around in silence. Although, maybe a week later I turned the car on and there was audio again, but once turned off, it has been back to complete silence.

The head unit still functions totally normally. Bluetooth connects, I can make/answer calls etc. Just no sound.

I've tried checking the fuses and they all seem ok. I can't seem to find any way to fully reset the head unit. And I can't find any answers online in regards to the same model and issue I'm having.

Any help is super appreciated!
  • 2013 i30 Tourer

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
@whiteman
Any warranty left?, jump on the phone now  :D
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You've encountered the P.O.C (piece of crap) scenario :disapp: GD-01 units are problematic, if you're lucky you could be just within warranty (might only be 3 years on head unit :undecided:) and Hyundai will replace the unit for you but if not my suggestion would be to purchase a GD-03 unit from Stanvac Wreckers and replace yourself.

Offline whiteman

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Aus
You've encountered the P.O.C (piece of crap) scenario :disapp: GD-01 units are problematic, if you're lucky you could be just within warranty (might only be 3 years on head unit :undecided:) and Hyundai will replace the unit for you but if not my suggestion would be to purchase a GD-03 unit from Stanvac Wreckers and replace yourself.

Damn, exactly what I didn't want to hear.

Unfortunately the 5 year warranty ran out in May, but I reckon you're right and the head unit is only covered for 3 years anyway. I'll still give the dealership just in case.

Thanks for the heads up on the GD-03 unit. I'll definitely have a look into that. Looks as though it's a decent upgrade with Android Auto etc which I always wish I had!
  • 2013 i30 Tourer

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
No problem, when you're ready to do the upgrade just follow VTH's installation guide here :link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE and you'll have it installed easily :)

Offline whiteman

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Aus
No problem, when you're ready to do the upgrade just follow VTH's installation guide here :link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE and you'll have it installed easily :)

Awesome, thanks heaps for that! That link looks super detailed and easy to follow. Now to find the unit!
  • 2013 i30 Tourer

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

Awesome, thanks heaps for that! That link looks super detailed and easy to follow. Now to find the unit!
You're welcome :hatoff: Stanvac Wreckers are pretty reliable and they're not in the habit of cutting the USB lead like some of the others have been doing.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal