i30 Owners Club

Had the 2.0 CRDi remapped... RR attached

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
Took the 2.0 CRDi for a remap last week. Not sure how they're calculating the fly hp from the RR, but I'm happy with 175hp! Its going back when they can figure out how to blank the EGR as the software needed developing for the ECU.
Pulls brilliantly now, although have to be careful with it being damp on the road it likes to spin up in second if I floor it.
I was also sceptical when they said the fuel economy would increase slightly but looks like it has too. Only £60 a year more on the insurance  :goodjob2:

• 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Impressive! Thanks for sharing!  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
No problem! Only issue I'm finding is slight clutch slippage at the peak of the torque curve in third gear. Which is annoying as it's got a brand new clutch. Found somewhere that sells an updated clutch for the 1.6 but not the 2.0...
Just hope the gearbox can handle it
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes, always a possible downside to performance upgrades. Have a mate who has more than doubled the output of his Skoda Octavia, but he has had to nearly rebuild the whole car to match. Stronger transmission and clutch, bigger brakes, etc. I think his mods nearly cost as much as the initial purchase price!
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Do a poorformance mod instead and never again replace clutch, gearbox, brakes, tyres, etc  :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
Good the new map still got her on the right track!
Bit of cluch slip could take shock off gear box so not a bad thinb. Is the clutch slipping in all gears or just in 5TH gear?

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
3rd  :whistler:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Olympicon

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bristol
So bit of an update, went back a while later for them to blank the egr and update the ECU, mentioned the clutch slip and they said that isn't the map it's likely an underlying issue with one of the components. I had suspected there was a fault with the slave cylinder for a while so bought a brand new clutch kit (existing one was less than 6 months old) and a slave. Had it fitted last week (only cost £180 brilliant) and sure enough it runs perfectly now no slipping at all 👌🏻 It was a standard LUK friction/pressure plate with a blue print slave cylinder
  • 2008 2.0 CRDi Premium

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal