i30 Owners Club

Central locking does not work

klavdij · 15 · 7400

Offline klavdij

• 2nd Gear
Dear,

I am driving hyundai i30 bluedrive (petrol). I broke my rearview mirror. After that my central locking does not work. I checked the fuses and everything seems ok. Now when I am driving the car, i see on the screen every doors are open, other time is ok. What can be the problem?regards
  • hyundai i30 bluedrive

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Dear,

I am driving hyundai i30 bluedrive (petrol). I broke my rearview mirror. After that my central locking does not work. I checked the fuses and everything seems ok. Now when I am driving the car, i see on the screen every doors are open, other time is ok. What can be the problem?regards
I have no idea what year or model an i30 Bluedrive is and I'm not usre how a broken internal mirror is associated with central locking. Does this mirror have any special features?

I'm thinking Body Control Module
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline klavdij

• 2nd Gear
I think that the year of the car is 2011/2012. I can close the mirror (example on the parking) with my internal button on the door. Inside the mirror is the engine for closing the mirror, which was running after the accident and than stopped. I repaired the mirror, but the the central locking and the button for the mirrors not working...
  • hyundai i30 bluedrive

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
When you say 'rear view mirror' do you mean the one insdie the car (stuck to the screen) or the one on the door outside the car????

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
When you say 'rear view mirror' do you mean the one insdie the car (stuck to the screen) or the one on the door outside the car????
Confused me at first as well Asa :) if the mirror has an "engine for closing" it'll be the side mirror.

Offline klavdij

• 2nd Gear
on the door outside the car :)
  • hyundai i30 bluedrive

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
If the new replacement mirror is genuine and internal drive has tested as working then you'll likely need an auto electrician to check the wiring inside the door or the locking mechanism itself as the mirrors will be powered via the lock/unlock function., possibly the mirror switch could have faulted/burnt out also :undecided:

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
If the new replacement mirror is genuine and internal drive has tested as working then you'll likely need an auto electrician to check the wiring inside the door or the locking mechanism itself as the mirrors will be powered via the lock/unlock function., possibly the mirror switch could have faulted/burnt out also :undecided:

This is the interesting bit though.

" i see on the screen every doors are open, "

I guess next step may be to see if there is afuse blown or to find out if the BCM works off the same fuse.

Does the car lock and unlock with the remote?

Offline klavdij

• 2nd Gear
I checked the fuses and seems ok. The remote key does not work. I tried to reset the ECU, but it seems as the connector does not have power. Can I reset the car computer with the acumulator cabel off?What I will lost?
  • hyundai i30 bluedrive

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA

This is the interesting bit though.

" i see on the screen every doors are open, "
I'm guessing it's the drivers door as that controls all doors.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Disconnect the accumulator (battery) cable for some time (some say 30 minutes) to reset your BCM. The damage to your mirror may include some damage to cables going back to the BCM feeding it a wrong logical state. If you can see the cables to your mirror and they are not damaged or you can isolate them from contacting the body if they are exposed, as well as disconnecting them from the mirror, then you may be able to reset your BCM. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
Yup, I too was about to suggest the battery disconection idea.  good luck :goodjob: :goodjob:

Offline klavdij

• 2nd Gear
Ok thanks. I will try to disconect the battery and see if it works. I will come back☺
  • hyundai i30 bluedrive

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
If remote does not work, the BCM has an issue I feel. All indications are pointing directly to that and it lives in behind the radio and centre fascia. Likely it will need the factory diagnostic to fault find.

I managed to screw up my remote to BCM pairing playing with the battery.

I don't know of any user level resets on it.

Offline klavdij

• 2nd Gear
Where can I find the electronic wiring diagram for the car? I have tried different things, but it seems that the avto tester connector does not have power...
  • hyundai i30 bluedrive

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal