i30 Owners Club

Pedal Booster / Throttle Controller on i30 FD?

Offline logicweapon

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore
      Singapore
Hello all,

I’m interested in a pedal booster / throttle controller for my i30 2009. I do feel that at times I’m lacking the acceleration that I need and I tend to floor it all the way before it actually picks up on speed. I tried finding the 6 pin wire that’d be connected to the accelerator pedal but I don’t seem to find it. Is it tucked inside the plastic that screwed in? Or is it just the fact that the i30 doesn’t have a electronic throttle?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

• Hyundai i30 2009 FD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wttc:

Firstly i may have missed it but, i can't see where you have indicated whether yours is a petrol or diesel version? I assume if it feels under powered it's either a 1.4 or 1.6 petrol? The 2.0 petrol we get over here is quite responsive and the 1.6 diesel is very torquay.

Not sure what small mod you are referring to with the throttle that would make your car more responsive? There are some chips/ boxes you can add which will increase performance but I most of these are for the Diesel, even though as I said that isn't a slug to start with.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I'm considering the Hike It for my 2015 GD.

They list one for the FD also - :link: HIKE IT-X9 Premium Vehicle Specific Pedal Controller with 4 Driving Modes PLUS Auto Selection Mode | HIKE IT

Have you tried taking out of Eco mode? Mine (1.6crdi) slightly improves.

But eventually I'd like to get the controller to tame my lead foot around town mainly - will improve my economy

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
But eventually I'd like to get the controller to tame my lead foot around town mainly - will improve my economy
Unless you change your driving style it wont improve anything :)

What the controller does is shift the sensitivity of the pedal response which removes the dead space noticed in the first 1 or 2cm of pedal play, it doesn't increase performance in any shape or form.

Offline josh1990

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
It's actually got an economy/4x4 crawl setting - you can plant it all you like and will only go like it's being told to. Can save plenty of juice around town. I'm not saying it's going to give you ponies or fuel savings from a tune or messing with AFR. It forces the driving style

Offline logicweapon

• 2nd Gear

• sg Singapore
      Singapore
Thanks for the reply! My i30 is the 1.6 Petrol variant  :). As Josh1990 commented on the link, it’s that product that I’d like to purchase. It’s listed that it’d work on the i30 2009 but I don’t seem to be able to find the cable that connects to the pedal. So I’m kinda holding back on purchasing one. Is there any chance that it’d be located behind the plastic enclosure?
  • Hyundai i30 2009 FD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal