i30 Owners Club

Creaky rattling in i30 Active

Offline sleepy_jean

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Hi all,
I think we’re having the exact same rattling noise  problem as was identified in this thread: :link: Rear seat knocking/rattling on 2014 GD 5d hatchback CRDi

I’d like to try the masking tape solution proposed by the previous poster but I don’t understand what they mean by taping the rear seat latch. Is it the metal parts shown in the pic attached? Should I be wrapping tape around the whole thing or just the parts that rub against each other?

Sorry for such an obvious question but I know next to nothing about cars! Also apologies for starting a new post but I wasn’t able to reply to the old thread.

• Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sorry I got off my a$$ and checked our GD and PD and it looks like they both just catch on the middle of the loop as per this picture. Just wrap preferably electrical tape (but masking tape would do at a pinch) a couple of times around the middle of that loop as marked.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sleepy_jean

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Thanks Dazzler, much appreciated. Can I just ask where that loop is situated? Is it only visible when you fold the rear car seat down? We have a baby seat installed in our car so haven’t had a chance to fold the seat down yet to have a look.
  • Hyundai i30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thanks Dazzler, much appreciated. Can I just ask where that loop is situated? Is it only visible when you fold the rear car seat down? We have a baby seat installed in our car so haven’t had a chance to fold the seat down yet to have a look.

Yes, only visible when you fold seats down, near the c pilar.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sleepy_jean

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Great thanks will have a look when we’re next able to remove the baby seat. Appreciate your help!
  • Hyundai i30 Active

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal