Another 2017 i30sr starting problem

Newyi30 · 17 · 8883

Offline Newyi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
New Topic Split from :link: 2017 i30sr starting problem

Hi everyone,
I have been following this thread for a few weeks now and thought I better register and add my 2 cents in, for what it's worth.
I have a 2017 i30 SR DCT. For about 6 months now it has been struggling to start when the engine is warm. It's 10000k service was last month, I asked the dealership about this problem and was told they hadn't heard anything from Hyundai. When picking it up I was told the technician had noticed the problem and they offered me a hire car if i left mine for a week while they test it. I held off as i didn't think it would help after reading this thread. Should i send it in?
Thankyou all for your hard work and effort in solving this issue...
  • 2017 i30 SR

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi Newy - welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear you're also having starting issues with your PD.

I figured your post might be better in a thread of its own - that way we can highlight it on our main portal page and maybe get more exposure :D
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :wlcome02:

Good idea Steve.

Must say i'm impressed with the civil way most of our members have handled this issue. As frustrating and disappointing as it is, ranting and raving doesn't help anyone.

If it were me I'd be tempted to run with the hire car. The more testing that happens the more likely this issue is to get sorted.

Good luck, please keep us posted.  :cool:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Take the loaner, it creates a confirmation of the problem,  that they think requires testing.
Keep us posted.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Newyi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Ok thanks for your quick replies.
Will give them a call and see what happens.
  • 2017 i30 SR

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Get issue registered officially so take them up on their offer.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
Wow, now I'm nervous. I take delivery of an i30 SR middle of next week. This isn't the sort of thing I want to hear!
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wow, now I'm nervous. I take delivery of an i30 SR middle of next week. This isn't the sort of thing I want to hear!

No official figures but many on here are unaffected. I'm guessing 10% chance or less of an issue and they must be getting closer to nailing a permanent fix. So don't stress.  :cool:

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Working in IT, and these issues + the "gear select confusion" previously been identified in this forum more likely due software.  I wonder if I should request the Hyundai service to not do any firmware update unless there is an issue :)

Sometime new codes have unintentional flaws in it, case in point - Microsoft windows, constantly providing fixes and patches because their previous updates had some issues :P
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Take the loaner, it creates a confirmation of the problem,  that they think requires testing.
Keep us posted.

:whsaid:

Definitely need to make a point. Also refer them to posts on this site
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Newyi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
I made a complaint on Hyundai Australia Facebook page and they gave me a case number and said they'd be in contact with my service dept etc.
Not sure if that's progress or just the usual reply.
  • 2017 i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I made a complaint on Hyundai Australia Facebook page and they gave me a case number and said they'd be in contact with my service dept etc.
Not sure if that's progress or just the usual reply.

I'm sure it all helps. Thanks for doing that and for letting us know.  :cool:

Offline Beardyboy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
:wlcome02:

Good idea Steve.

Must say i'm impressed with the civil way most of our members have handled this issue. As frustrating and disappointing as it is, ranting and raving doesn't help anyone.

If it were me I'd be tempted to run with the hire car. The more testing that happens the more likely this issue is to get sorted.

Good luck, please keep us posted.  :cool:

Believe me, its been very difficult to stay cool at times. The change of injectors seems to have resolved my warm start issue. This issue was 1 of 3 that I want Hyundai to resolve. The other two are related to lumpy idling ( which think is a tuning issue) and drivers seat wear (which is a cheap material issue).

You just have to keep up a noise to make sure you are heard.
  • Formerly a 2018 PD2 SR DCT, White (Lemon)

Offline Beardyboy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Just by way of an update re the warm start issue:

As some of you already know, Hyundai HO are releasing a software update to address the "hard to start issue".

The fuel injectors in my car were replaced back in July to resolve my warm start issue, but the car has had an intermittent lumpy idling issue (possible misfiring)  since they were replaced....getting slowly more regular week by week....Of course no fault codes show etc...and a first check by the dealer proved fruitless back in September.

My car is currently in for the week with the dealer getting all manner of tests done plus having the software update applied.....fingers crossed this resolves the problem once and for all.

Hyundai organised a hire car through AVIS for the week....when i picked up the Hire car, from the conversation that the Avis guy was having with his HO, it would appear that there might be a number of Hyundai Customer care centre hire cars being organised at the moment  :scared:

If your dealership doesn't know where to turn for the starting issue, get them to call Craig Salthouse at the Customer Care Centre as he should be on top of whats going on.

If your dealership offer you the week long testing and update...take it and get them to document what the fault was and what has been done...thats what mine has agreed to do.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Cheers Mate thanks for that!  :fingers:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

Brilliant update. thankyou

Had my suspicions about the injectors...seems confirmed.

Good luck with the update, you've waited long enough.   :cool:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Beardyboy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
:goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2:

Brilliant update. thankyou

Had my suspicions about the injectors...seems confirmed.

Good luck with the update, you've waited long enough.   :cool:

Thanks...heres hoping i can start to enjoy the car once i get it back

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal