i30 Owners Club

2014 i30 wiring diagrams

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Hey guys, I've managed to get myself a factory i30 badge camera for $100 which I plan to install and connect to an aftermarket double din. But I'm needing a wiring diagram so I can find out the pins of the camera. There's 8 wires in total.
Any help as to where I could find out this would be muchly appreciated.
Thanks Harley
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Anything in here help at all..?

:link: GD & GD-01 Headunit Pinout
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
:link: GD-02 Pinout will probably be more helpful at the head-unit end - GD-02 head-units display reversing camera.  It shows 4+1 connections, labelled, that are related to the camera - 2 for video signal, 2 for camera circuity and 'Reverse' (which I assume is used for head-unit to detect reverse gear selected).

I found this 2013 Elantra Camera diagram (found here) - it shows only 8 of the 10 pins in the connector is used - which matches O/P description.  So while it is for a different model of Hyundai... I suspect the pin-out will be similar if not the same.

It confirms, as I suspected from the GD-02 pin-out, that the motor (electro-mechanical) side of the module is electrically separate from camera (electronic) side.   So, in theory, if inclined towards hardware hacking... you could actually turn the camera on while the badge was still closed.   I suspect the only use for that would be in conjunction with having the badge open and close and getting, from camera PoV, video of the deployment and retraction.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 15:02:21 by ibrokeit »
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
So the trick could be powering the camera circuitry and knowing what voltage to power it at...

If the after-market double-din head-unit has pins at the right voltage level to do that - no problem.

Otherwise it may need some extra switched (from 'Reverse' probably) circuitry to power the camera circuit.

There might be some useful general info in posts around.... :link: Stock nav hack - Page 22 - Hyundai Genesis Forum

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Ibrokeit, that image of the elantra camera appears to be the exact Same of what my camera and plug looks like, the only question I have now is whether or not it would be 12v or 6v.
Thanks for your help, appreciate it a lot.
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
Also my camera has a lead about 30cm's coming off with the plug instead of it being mounted to the module itself
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Ibrokeit, that image of the elantra camera appears to be the exact Same of what my camera and plug looks like, the only question I have now is whether or not it would be 12v or 6v.
Thanks for your help, appreciate it a lot.

My measurements (with no camera) indicate 6.6V for camera power-supply.

I would suspect that it appearing exactly the same, probably means it is - from a manufacturing/service point of view... why make variants that could be mixed when it isn't really needed.   Also Hyundai seem pretty good at keeping pinouts consistent on common modules.   But, of course, it is really guess work (until someone can confirm/measure things).

So using the GD-02 (reverse on screen) headunit I currently have... After I managed to get it into reverse mode... the Camera Power pin (B/V_POWER) read 6.6V (actually 6.63V reading - so likely 6.6V nominal) between B/V_POWER and B/V_MGND as labelled on the :link: GD-02 Pinout   Of course that was 'no-load' (as I don't have a camera of the type) but, as I suspect it would be a Switch Mode Power Supply, the no-load/load voltage will likely be the same.   Unfortunately I can't give any help on current supply requirements of the camera.

FYI for anyone reading who it may help... applying 12V to the reverse pin caused the mode to activate (done through a 10K resistor to limit current), 5V had no effect.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 07:42:24 by ibrokeit »

Offline Harley633

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Melbourne
 have attached photos of what my plug looks like. As the pins in mine look a little different after a closer look.
My partner number is
Hyundai Part:    CAMERA ASSY-BACK VIEW
Part NO.:   95760-A5031-N5S

Any help on a wiring information on what each pin is would be highly appreciated (can't upload photos, but it's a 10 pin plug with only 8 pins in use, 4 to the camera, and 4 to the motor.
  • 2014 i30 trophy

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Sorry - I don't think I can give a definitive answer (maybe after the next time I visit mum - but that is quite sometime away).  However in lieu of someone a) measuring it out on an factory equipped model; or b) getting the actual pin-out for the unit; and so confirming or disproving the following educated guesses...

Assuming the wiring for your unit looks like that in the images found :link: here - then based on colour of some wires (and conventions relating to colour) and gaps between them.  It would appear that the pin-out is simply flipped from the one I linked to above.

First the 'motor' ones:
Red will be 'BATT+' (aka +12V, B+, etc.) and Black will be 'GND' (aka GND_POWER, BATT-, B-, etc.) - this is a strong convention... esp. when supplying something direct from a battery or DC source. Blue will likely be IGN1 (B+ switched through ignition) - it is common to use blue for 'switched' power.  Green will likely be 'Signal' (which will be the signal from the Reverse sensor/switch - which seems to be 12V when active - actually it is probably B+).

The 'camera' ones:
Again the 'black' for GND (B-, etc.) convention would strongly indicate the matt Black wire is 'Camera GND'. The colour convention for 'composite video' is 'Yellow' (and I would suspect it will be a composite camera) - so that would be 'Camera V-OUT'.  Leaving the remaining two wires - one (which I can't see properly) appears to be matt Red, and the other White.   Likely the 'matt Red' one will be 'Camera Power' (red for power again); leaving the white to be 'Camera V-GND'.

Just to round it off: IGN1 is the ON/RUN switch position; IGN2 is 'START' - I assume the convention is kept in the 'button start' cars but emulated on the key being present and button pressed.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal