i30 Owners Club

PD Front Park Assist Module

Offline fabulatuaest

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Kensington, NSW
G'day folks,
New member from Down Under here. Thinking of getting the PD when the hype has died down and prices drop a little - noticed that I'm able to order the front park assist module as an option.

Last I recall on the GD it wasn't very well integrated with the car - can't see it on the screen or something apparently. Any idea if things have changed with the PD? Is the front park assist module more well integrated now?
  • PD i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcumwagon:

I will be very surprised if anyone can answer that. WE had a couple of representatives at the launch and have a Hyundai service manager as a Technical Advisor, but the PD is still as new as wet paint!

We have a member or two with PD's on order but none delivered yet I think.

Your best bet will be to clarify the exact details with the dealer or Hyundai Australia at order time.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Hi fabulatuaest

Well, my GD has audio-visual front park assist alerts; the audio beeps with increasing regularity when something is within range while the dashboard shows which of the corners is causing it.

Couldn't reall get much worse than that, could it?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline fabulatuaest

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Kensington, NSW
Hi fabulatuaest

Well, my GD has audio-visual front park assist alerts; the audio beeps with increasing regularity when something is within range while the dashboard shows which of the corners is causing it.

Couldn't reall get much worse than that, could it?
Was under the impression that that would be the case, especially how it shows which of the corners it is on the dashboard screen b/w the speedo - but these 2 threads indicate otherwise:
:link: Front parking sensors

But yes... taking a wait and see approach. I understand the PD is new, just hoping the new owners will chime in when they receive their new babies  :crazy1:
:link: Hyundai Forums : Hyundai Forum - View Single Post - Front parking sensors Add on?
  • PD i30 SR

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
I have the new I30 Elite diesel auto and elected to have the front parking sensors installed.  Turns out they are after market as the genuine ones are not yet available.  They are audio/visual and the biggest mistake I have made with the vehicle.  I was warned by the installer that they will go off at any time and at any speed.  How can anyone get away with releasing such faulty modules.
  • 2018 I30 Elite GD White

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the heads up sorry to hear that. I'm supposed to be getting them fitted this week. I might pull the plug!

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Sorry mate. I was disappointed with the product. Over $600 wasted.  Still trying to deal with the mob that supplied it.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry mate. I was disappointed with the product. Over $600 wasted.  Still trying to deal with the mob that supplied it.
Don't be sorry, you may have helped me dodge a bullet. I'm finding the front pretty easy to judge at the moment touch wood.

I'm thinking I might be able to swap the value for a couple of services.

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
They did offer to fit rear sensors which would only be audio but I was being pig headed by insisting to have what I paid for.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Antcha

All may not be lost. Apparently there is an RC controller module (which should be included for $600+) Sounds like the installers haven't set it up right.

The sensors which were originally giving a lot of trouble on the GD model were sorted down here in Tassie by a guy called Colin (I think) by adding this module worth about $200 (making around $600 in total)

Motors Hyundai Devonport are really bending over backwards to help me (bless their cotton socks)

They are going to get a set of front sensors installed on one of their Demo PD i30's and lend it to me for a day so I can see if I am happy with them. If not they will give me a credit for service or something. Awesome service.  :eek: :judges:

Good luck negotiating with the installers. Maybe get them to  ring Motors Hyundai Devonport and get Colin's number to put them on the right track.  :idea:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I'm thinking I might be able to swap the value for a couple of services.

Hmmm, even better, that red Mardi Gras sash seat belt should get you a lot of free servicing.  :happydance:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:TutTut:  :harhar: :kissmyass:

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Thats funny, the beeper ones on the i40 work just fine, whats the difference?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thats funny, the beeper ones on the i40 work just fine, whats the difference?

Were they factory or aftermarket (do you know?)

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Booked into Motor1 on Friday so will see what can be done to rectify this.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Booked into Motor1 on Friday so will see what can be done to rectify this.
Good luck!

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Factory. They arn't linked to a screen, but do they need to be. Long beep = you are getting close to hitting something.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Factory. They arn't linked to a screen, but do they need to be. Long beep = you are getting close to hitting something.

It's the aftermarket ones that are a problem apparently (if they don't use a module with them or it isn't set up correctly)

They go off randomly and do all sorts of other annoying stuff.

Interestingly, the Whirlpool forums thread/s about the new Civic are littered with similar front sensor issues. Apparently they don't like getting wet either.

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Ok, went in to have the front sensors "fixed".  They put a rear module in with the front sensors which is audio only.  Turns out it was a waste of money in the end.  They still go off for no reason and at speed.  I can use them provided I remember to turn them on when parking.  Meanwhile, they stay turned off.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ok, went in to have the front sensors "fixed".  They put a rear module in with the front sensors which is audio only.  Turns out it was a waste of money in the end.  They still go off for no reason and at speed.  I can use them provided I remember to turn them on when parking.  Meanwhile, they stay turned off.
Sounds like something still isn't right. I'll give their demo a good test when I get back from a solo mainland holiday later this month and let you know how that performs. If any reservations after that, I'll just ask for a service credit which should cover my 10k and 20k services! :happydance:

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Good thinking. Good luck with the trip.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Good thinking. Good luck with the trip.

Thanks. The styling of the front of the new PD makes it pretty easy to judge the position of the front so I really don't think the front sensors are a must. I've only had front sensors on one of my 30+ other cars and sometimes I found them a bit annoying. They didn't go off at random or anything, but they were quite loud and used to go off coming out of steep driveways and backing out of my garage and stuff.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Antcha Any more feedback on your sensors?

Got back from my trip. Had a great time, but nothing like home.

Went to the local Hyundai Dealer today to test their demo with the aftermarket front sensors... Sorry Darryl, they aren't working properly! They have ordered another module (would rather I did not drive it yet)

Apparently the module is supposed to switch the sensors off automatically above 10kph, but isn't. They can be turned off manually but obviously that's not much good. They will ring me when they have them sorted.

I'm looking forward to driving an active so I can give some feedback on the car and the sensors.  :cool:

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Hi mate, glad you had a good time.
Have had my front sensors replaced.  Still no better.  I asked if they could be hooked up to the door lock module so it would deactivate when the doors locked when driving.  They said that they could not do that, meanwhile, I just do not use them.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi mate, glad you had a good time.
Have had my front sensors replaced.  Still no better.  I asked if they could be hooked up to the door lock module so it would deactivate when the doors locked when driving.  They said that they could not do that, meanwhile, I just do not use them.

Damn! Cheers for the update. I'll keep you posted with the outcome on their demo.  :cool:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Antcha @fabulatuaest

I had a drive of a new PD Active 2.0 Petrol Auto today with aftermarket front sensors. Quite liked the car (separate thread to come) but not the sensors.

I could live with them, but far from ideal. As previously reported despite the module being swapped, they still seemed permanently on and were far too sensitive. Just as an example they went off a couple of times at roundabouts when I gave way to other cars!  :eek:

I tested them in my garage and they started beeping when I was a couple of metres from the back wall (getting faster as I got closer) then beeped until I got about half way back out. It's not a loud beep, but would still get annoying. Also prone to go off on sloped driveways like mine (where there is no risk of hitting the front on anything) I will be arranging a service credit or refund later in the week when they are less busy.  :goodjob:

Offline Antcha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Adelaide
Thanks, Dazzler, for the follow up.  May be stuck with mine as they may not take them back now.  I need to take my car back to them in a fortnight for some paint protection touch up.  Will talk to them then.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks, Dazzler, for the follow up.  May be stuck with mine as they may not take them back now.  I need to take my car back to them in a fortnight for some paint protection touch up.  Will talk to them then.

Good luck with it. Be firm but tactful. Tell them how unhappy you are and if they can't do a refund (a bit hard once they are installed) see if they will give you something as a good will gesture. Maybe some accessory you haven't got yet or a voucher towards service.

Offline NayuluTjuta

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Murraylands, SA

• Alias OURI30
Still trying to figure out the SR Premium factory front sensors.  They work ok, and yes, coming out of a car park with a steep angle, they will go off.  They are liked to slow speeds and will not activate once the speed increases.  Haven't figured out the magic speed yet.  There is also an activation/deactivation button on the left rear of the transmission stick.  I need to play with it a little more to work the setup out. 

Hopefully, Hyundai Australia will soon have a genuine accessory rather than a generic mouse add on for owners that don't get the factory fit.  Seems like one of the shortcomings. There is a heap of useful gear we don't get in 🇦🇺. I've  downloaded a European owners manual and its surprising the gear available that we miss out on.

Bob

• i30 PD SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I think Hyundai Australia got it pretty right though "Bang for Buck". Our member from Romania with the PD god an eclectic mix of features for a higher model.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal