i30 Owners Club

Will this work? (Universal Steering Wheel Car CD DVD GPS MP3 Player Remote)

lee A · 4 · 1976

Offline lee A

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi Guys,

I am about to buy those "Universal Steering Wheel Car CD DVD GPS MP3 Player Remote Control Learning"

:link: NEW Universal Steering Wheel CAR CD DVD GPS MP3 Player Remote Control Learning | eBay

for my 2011 i30 CDRi as mine didn't come with the audio controls on the steering wheel, would it be a good idea to get that control or you guys have any other better option to keep my hands on the wheel while controlling the stereo?

cheers
  • i30 CRDi

Offline cruiserfied

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Grafton, NSW

• Crooked-H Hero
How does it work.
There is nothing im aware of in the Hyundai audio units that would support that.
  • 2018 I30-SR. 2002 Tiburon. 2000 Wrangler.

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
It appears to me that it only supports a media centre that already has a hand held remote control to control it.  It is programmed to match the remote.

I have never had a car with a remote control - perhaps Lady Penelope has one so she can select music from the back seat without bothering Parker...... :crazy1:
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline sheppards1984

• 2nd Gear

• hu Hungary
No, it won't work, as the i30 comes with a wired remote control optionally, and what you've linked is wireless (infrared) based. This would only work with stereos that already have a wireless remote control...

Can't you just go to a hyundai service, and have the steering wheel remote fitted? I think it is fairly cheap, as the wiring is already there?
  • 2009 Hyundai I30 1.6 Crdi Comfort

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal