i30 Owners Club

A cheerio to Lucinda in Devonport Tasmania. The site continues to make me smile.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Despite having a Vietnamese steam foot bath and massage today, i'm having one of my bad days with aches and pains. I did do a fair bit of driving and less walking than usual (only 9359 steps so far today) I think the issue is that very little of my exercise was vigorous. Anyway, as usual I digress.

So late in the day to keep active I shot down to the local supermarket precinct and did the rounds for a few supplies. I was walking through the car park on my way to my car parked well up the road in the street (part of my exercise regime) and noticed a young lady getting out of a Red i30 CW with a CRDi badge on the back. Having owned a CW and a CRDi hatch, I thought it would be safe to ask her if she was pleased with her car. As expected I got a great response. Oh yes, I love it.

I think she said her name was lucinda and she'd only had it two weeks but loved the torque (who doesn't) So I told her we'd had four i30's including and FD Cw and a Diesel hatch. I also told her I was co-founder of the worldwide i30 owners club of which she was already aware.

She was so enthusiastic about her car, the site and meeting me, it made my day. When I stop and talk to local i30 owners I get a wide range of responses but I think Lucinda's was probably the best so far. I don't think she's joined yet, hopefully she will soon and respond to this post!

BTW, the worst reponse I ever got was a woman in Devonport called Cindy who used to work with my wife at a child care centre. She drives a silver FD hatch with personalised plates. She's had it a long time. I approached her one day to tell her about the site and ask how she liked her car... She said "I don't know you in a gruff voice, then turned her back and walked away. Fortunately I don't have that effect on many women.  :snigger:

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
It's possibly all about social distancing :whistler:

The negative response from Cindy was probably 8 years ago (very much pre Covid)

I didn't get overly close to Lucinda and she is probably the 1st i30 owner I have approached since the Covid thing escalated. Tassie has been Covid free for maybe 3 months? But we (or most of us) are Sanitising regularly and I am keeping my distance from "most" people..  :whistler:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal