i30 Owners Club

CRDI Throttle Position Sensor Location and Error Codes

Chrish · 2 · 3333

Offline Chrish

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Scotland
Yesterday my i30 CRDI 1.6 CW decided to throw out a few error codes and go in to limp home mode. Error codes P2138, P2127 and P12BF which indicate a throttle position sensor fault (possibly I think). After checking the fault codes with an OBD app and cleaning the connections on the Pressure Control valve (which I thought was the throttle position sensor... :rolleyes:), the engine check light and EPS cleared themselves and the car appeared to run fine. Took it out today for a 5 mile run and was fin there but returning, the engine light went on and the throttle started jerking again but I managed to drive home without limp home mode engaging. The same error codes reappeared.

Try as I might, I cannot locate or find the info through Google or this forum as to its location so that I can at first check its electrical connections and then see about replacing maybe or worst case, take it to the garage!! This is my first diesel car and has so far required very little intervention from myself, so I am learning what's what.

Any help, advise or info would be greatly received.

Thanks

Chris

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
You've done a good job in explaining and sharing codes. Hopefully one of our more technical members will see your post and come to the rescue! @cruiserfied @nzenigma
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal