i30 Owners Club

2018 i30 under the seat subwoofer install - Help / Guidance please

Offline seanr06

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Hi All,

New to the board so apologies if I appear ignorant,

I recently purchased a 2018 i30 and was given Kicker 11HS8 Hideaway 8" 150W Subwoofer and Amplifier as a gift.

I've been wanting to install it myself, however I have been unable to determine the correct way to do so or find any information online at all.  I've pulled out many of the panels that seemed logical but was unable to get to the head unit.

I would appreciate the anyone's guidance on this one. I'd be happy to post any pictures or follow up information that would help,

Sure I could drop it at a car shop but I kind of want the sense of accomplishment on this one, haha.

Thank you!

• 2018 i30 SR DCT

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
According to the manual

Power;

Red wire goes direct to battery.
black wire goes to earth.

Source;

White to left positive
White/black to left negative
Grey to right positive
Grey/black to right negative

Blue wire to a switched 12v source (this turns the amp on and off).

In another thread there is a wiring diagram, this will tell you the colours of the speaker wires to tap into the for the source.

http://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/powered_subwoofers/hideaway/2011_Hideaway_RevM.pdf

• 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline seanr06

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thank you for that, very helpful.

Do you have any insight for the path the wiring should take, I am having particular trouble accessing the head unit.

Thanks again,
  • 2018 i30 SR DCT

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
no need to access the head unit, tap into the speaker wires where they pass through the pillar into the doors ( pop off the kick trims ), the power wires go through a grommet in the fire wall to the battery (make sure you use a suitable fuse on the positive and locate it as close as possible to the battery.) and the earth can just go to somewhere close to the amp.
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal