i30 Owners Club

New stereo unit

Offline Ryanken92

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lancs
Hi I'm looking at buying an i30 active 1.4 2014 and I know very little about cars if like to buy a touchscreen stereo unit can anyone point me in the right direction for the best one to get for the car.
  • I30 active 1.4 2014

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There are GD-03 units available from late 2015 to 2016 models that have a few more features including Apple Car Play/Android Auto (no CD player) if that is what you're after :undecided:  they're a reasonably simple change over and direct fit.

Some others have fitted Android head units plus other popular brands like JVC - Pioneer etc will also fit with the right models though you'll need to replace the surrounding fascia and wiring harnesses to suit will be required.

If your wanting the later type units and not capable of doing it yourself then I think it would be wise to speak with a local car audio shop and get some ideas of what you're up for, the audio shops can also order the fascia and harnesses from Aerpro to complete the install.

There's a topic here :link: HOW TO: UPGRADE YOUR GD-01/GD-02 TO A GD-03 HEAD UNIT STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE that explains how to perform a GD-03 upgrade.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal