i30 Owners Club

HOW TO: Fit LED Footwell Lights

DragOn · 38 · 34513

Offline DragOn

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Western Australia
Hi shawt.
From the look of the LED's you could wire them into the park light circuit. But they would be on all the time when the lights are on.
On my i30, i have backlit window switches, which can be used for a positive + supply. There is also a negative to tap into as well.
The door trim needs to be removed to access the wires.
I used these points to wire in some blue  EL Neon strips in my door trims.
:link: EL Wire lights 1M 2M 3M 4M 5M LED Strip With Controller Sewing Edge Neon Light Dance Party Car Decor Light Neon Flexible Lights-in LED Strips from Lights &
  • i30 GD 5 Door Hatch 1.8l Auto Silver | '74 4 Door Torana | '09 FD Manual 2.0l

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I love to get these done for my car as well.  Yet do not think I have the require know how, when it come to electronics, im such a noob.

I'll have a look in my car first and see if it is do-able with my current ability :)

Thanks for the info though.
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I love to get these done for my car as well.  Yet do not think I have the require know how, when it come to electronics, im such a noob.

I'll have a look in my car first and see if it is do-able with my current ability :)

Thanks for the info though.

I used to be a great DIY guy ( surprised quite a few of my friends with the quality of my workmanship) but seem ro have lost some of my skill and confidence lately. Something usually won't undo or fit etc... :head_butt:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline shawt

• 1st Gear

• cz Czechia
      Prague
Hello guys,
do you have any experience with installing the Hyundai logo in to doors bottom?
:link: For Hyundai Logo 7w Cree LED Ghost Shadow Door Light Laser Kit Pair i30 ix30 i20 | eBay

I would like to know where to connect this LED logo wires? I would like to have the LED logo on when I open the door and off when I close the door.
  • Hyundai i30 SW 1,6GDI

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I considered door lights like those but opted for 9W white Eagle Eye DRLs ($1.99 for two) mounted to the undersides of the car to illuminate the ground when entering and exiting the car. Regardless of the approach, the ideal point to tap for best effect is the active side of your dome light.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline harvi

• 2nd Gear

• sk Slovakia
I'm afraid, there is no such point in door harness. So unless you don't want to bring a new wire through the A pillar and door, there is only one way, to connect it into ilumination pin of windows buttons. Then the light will be on all the time when car ilumination is on, it is 'not great, not terrible' :-D in addition can be mounted optical proximity sensor in NC logic...

Any better idea?
  • 2016 i30 GDe 1.6GDi manual white sand

Offline BrendonL

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      East Maitland
I'm afraid, there is no such point in door harness. So unless you don't want to bring a new wire through the A pillar and door, there is only one way, to connect it into ilumination pin of windows buttons. Then the light will be on all the time when car ilumination is on, it is 'not great, not terrible' :-D in addition can be mounted optical proximity sensor in NC logic...

Any better idea?

I currently have a set of these in my footwell

:link: 24" Plug & Glow LED Lights - Auto Smart LED Lighting - LM54755-1 | Type S

Plug in to cig lighter or hardwire your choice.
  • 2019 i30 go, manual, white

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Plug in to cig lighter or hardwire your choice.
Yep, anything that plugs into the cigarette lighter can be cut and wired straight into the back connection points of that same cigarette lighter, and it'll be out fo sight. This is how I've powered 5V 3A USB slots for charging our phones.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal