i30 Owners Club

2019 i30 1.0 t-gdi missing when cold, check engine light

Offline amplatrade

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London UK
Since I bought my car new about 3 years ago its had a slight hesitation when taking off in first gear. It felt like a clutch judder but happened only sometimes. Sometimes it will run beautifully, other times, especially hot in traffic it would act up.

For the last week or so it is only firing on 2 cylinders when starting cold in the morning. It doesn't do it every morning, about 3 out of 5. After about trying a few times it would be normal and fire properly and drive well, no juddering or missing on take off.

Now I have the check engine light on full time, a new development.

Anyone have a similar problem. I have an appointment with the dealer but dread the "no fault found" response and shoulder shrug after the £114 diagnostic charge.
  • I30 1.0 t-gdi

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
£114 diagnostic charge.

You're under warranty, aren't you?   Why would there be a diagnostic charge for an apparent fault?
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline amplatrade

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London UK
My point exactly. The 5 year warranty is factored into the price of the car. Dealer's usual response is "we're running a business here". This seems to be par for the course here in the UK. I've bought new cars in N. America when I lived there and Honda and Audi would inspect a fault for free under warranty. For some reason not Hyundai dealers here, and I hear lots of others. They continue to bend us over whenever they can.
  • I30 1.0 t-gdi

Offline amplatrade

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London UK
Left car at dealer for a cold start and they found misfire was due to a bad coil pack. Will be fixed under warranty, no inspection charge. All's well that....
  • I30 1.0 t-gdi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal