i30 Owners Club

Fuel issues

Offline Brian5291

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Manchester
Hi, hope you're all well, i have been struggling with my 2013 i30 GD 1.6 CRDI 109 (UK), the miles per gallons have been very shockingly lately, if i drive around town i get about 42.6mpg or if i drive on motorway its about 56mpg if it isn't too cold am lucky i'd get around 59mpg on motorway run.

I have tried Shell V-Power Diesel, Texaco Premium Diesel and BP Ultimate Diesel and no difference to be seen, the car does it's regen when needed but apart from that that's the sort of mpg my i30 manage to do. i have tried system cleaning and injectors cleaners and still same. With a full tank i am lucky to get about 340 miles.

Did anyone had this sort of issues and tried to replace the injectors? Have you had any better mpg since replacing the injectors?
I don't know what else to think of, the car gets its service when needed, depending which ever comes first if miles or the 12 months.

Hope to hear from you guys & girls soon.

Many Thanks
Brian
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 CDRI MK2

Offline Bob.W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour
Haha why are you Brits still quoting miles and gallons?  :crazy1:
:link: MPG to l/100km Converter Miles per Gallon

By my reckoning - your vehicle has a 50 litre tank
https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/details/2013-hyundai-i30-premium-auto-my14/SPOT-ITM-336238?Cr=10

Your urban rate is 5.52L/100km - which is normal. And your motorway is 4.2L/100km - which as you can see from the makers original specs are both what'd be expected if not even better!

This said at those rates a full tank would do you ~900km urban or 1190km on the motorway!  Which are both excellent I'd happily accept on my PD.

So your claim to be lucky to get 340 miles (547km) to a tank doesn't mesh up at all - so something is massively wrong with your figures. Perhaps recheck and report back.
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6lt, auto

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
How are you calculating the mpg?

Are you going by the odo read out?
or
doing full fill and then top back up to full fill then divide miles travelled by fuel used?
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline PGN I30

• 3rd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
53 litre tank is around 11.6 gallons, at 56mpg you should be getting at least 650 miles to a tank.

Offline Bob.W

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Coffs Harbour
Curious when folks post asking for assistance - get replies and requests for clarification so they can be helped and then ignore. Go figure.
  • 2017 PD 5 door hatch, diesel 1.6lt, auto

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal