i30 Owners Club

Aircon

Mark65 · 6 · 4823

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Hi,
So maybe another problem, my aircon doesn't clear my screen until engine warms so tonight with outside temp at 2c I turned it on and it was a bit crap.
I'm wondering at 3.7 years old does it need gassing and 2 where will it say whi h gas as my handbook lists both, with it being a 2012-2016 I'm hoping it's the R134A, I'm assuming it's not classed as warranty?.
Will it say under the bonnet somewhere do you think, what should it get down too if it's working OK, with others saying there screens clear qui kly when turned on and mine doesn't it makes me think.
I like the car but it's starting to get on my nerves now.
Thanks
Mark
  • i30 CRDi

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Hi, Mark.

De-misting with heat only clearly (no pun intended) means you have no drying effect delivered by your aircon. Hence it's more than reasonable to assume you have low or no refrigerant in the system. There are some other things you can check, like cabin filter behind the glove box to help improve delivery. As for gas type, I found this site you might like to explore: :link: A/C Hyundai refrigerant filling quantities R134a an 1234yf.

Something that catches some people out is that aircon needs to be used regularly to keep rubbers lubricated. Those choosing to use it sparingly tend to meet disappointment more often.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Hi,
I've just changed the cabin filter last week so flow is great, and am taking the wife to work shortly, I have a medical thermometer and a room one, so will bang the aircon on and check temps, it seems 6-10c is normal, and check the aircon pipes for chilliness.
  • i30 CRDi

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
So I took the car for a drive after dropping wife off, I put the temp gauge with humidity sensor in front off the middle vent, turned air con on to number 3 and temp dropped to 6c, humidity was 84% put it on recycle and humidity went to 93% and windscreen started to fog, back to fresh and down to 86% (it was 4c outside and hammering it down).
I don't know if this is right, doesn't seem so with screen fogging??. I need to find the air con drain hose to see if its blocked, is it easy to see underneath?.

Thanks
Mark
  • i30 CRDi

Offline ida01ro

• 1st Gear

• Romania
2 to 4 C deg. aircon shuts down automatically !  This is a protection to avoid ice blocking of evaporator, ok?. I mean that LED is ON, fan is still running but AC compressor is disengaged.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 19:23:04 by ida01ro »
  • 2018 I30 Fastback 1.4 TDI

Offline Mark65

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      England
Hi,
I didnt know that could happen in a car, Ive left the hygrometer in the car, tonight when I collected the wife I put it on recycle and it fogged then cleared in a minute or two, temp was half way so after a short drive I ended up with 17c an 47% humidity with fan on 3 after a 20min drive.
It was 7c and 75% when I got in so aircon must be working fine.
We shall see how it goes.

Mark
  • i30 CRDi

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal