i30 Owners Club

I30 ha tech 2012 esc indicator light comes on and tachometer fails

Goldie · 11 · 6191

Offline Goldie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi i am  new to this forum but I have a petrol i30 automatic and this week the esc light comes on then the tachometer fails. Does anyone know what this issue could be by any chance?

Thank you for any thoughts
  • I30 FD hatch

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi i am  new to this forum but I have a petrol i30 automatic and this week the esc light comes on then the tachometer fails. Does anyone know what this issue could be by any chance?

Thank you for any thoughts
Could be crankshaft sensor, there are a number of threads of people talking about this, personally I can't talk from experience as I have the Diesel and had not issues like this yet.

You'd have to try and search to see what has been discussed previously. Does come up regular enough in discussion.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
here's a summary Gary has done since it's been coming up a bit.

@nzenigma @cruiserfied

:link: Tachometer (RPM) not working and ESP OFF light on.

Offline Goldie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Thanks Misha

I just put the vin in but it says it’s not affected by the recall but thank you anyway as I didn’t know about that
  • I30 FD hatch

Offline Goldie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi tw2005

Hey thanks so much as that link has a heap of information. I have a mechanic coming tomorrow so will show him this I will report back once the issue has been identified and fixed so that the information is in this forum.  Thanks so much so helpful
  • I30 FD hatch

Offline Goldie

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Perth
Hi I just wanted to say thanks😊

My mechanic today changed the crank angle sensor and yeah it seems to have fixed the issue!

I had to wait due to work and car ran with no tachometer and the esc light on. Now running beautifully
  • I30 FD hatch

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi I just wanted to say thanks😊

My mechanic today changed the crank angle sensor and yeah it seems to have fixed the issue!

I had to wait due to work and car ran with no tachometer and the esc light on. Now running beautifully
always great to get some feedback for fault finding, just helps so many when gathering evidence to support theories.

But my comrade @nzenigma  did all the hard work summarising, I'm just the assistant  :rofl:  :snigger: :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi tw2005

Hey thanks so much as that link has a heap of information. I have a mechanic coming tomorrow so will show him this I will report back once the issue has been identified and fixed so that the information is in this forum.  Thanks so much so helpful

Thanks for that. Great forum isn't it! We have some awesome members and then we have Gary and Gerard as well.  :evil: :snigger:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi tw2005

Thanks for that. Great forum isn't it! We have some awesome members and then we have Gary and Gerard as well.  :evil: :snigger:
:evil: :P

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

:evil: :P
[/quote]

Appropriate comment Gerard, thanks for the creds but as usual it was also developed in the PM sphere.

Goldie we both really appreciate your thanks and feed back. :goodjob2:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal