i30 Owners Club

FD bluetooth radio

sundiz · 12 · 3218

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Does the FD model have some bluetooth radio? If so what is the model of the radio? I saw some video where FD had OEM looking radio with red and green phone buttons and started to wonder if that kind of radio was available. Could buy some third party radio, but might check oem, if those were available.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think the late model FD's had Bluetooth, you would probably have to get a matching steering wheel or accessory kit to have it fully functioning.

With an FD to really get the benefit of modern features I would go with an aftermarket system myself, just need to get a compatible fascia first like these...one for manual aircon :link: Hyundai i30 08-11 Manual Double Din car stereo facia fascia kit dash panel trim | eBay

One for auto aircon :link: fit Hyundai i30 Auto Air Double Din car stereo facia fascia kit dash panel trim | eBay

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
My 2007 had bluetooth
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
My 2007 had bluetooth

That's odd, wasn't until the MY11 model in Australia before we got bluetooth (I'm pretty sure)

@sundiz

If you intend keeping it  a few more years maybe go the next step and get an aftermarket with Android Auto?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania
My 2007 had bluetooth

I had a MY10.5 FD.  I had bluetooth added as part of the deal.  It only worked for phone calls though.

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

With an FD to really get the benefit of modern features I would go with an aftermarket system myself, just need to get a compatible fascia first like these...one for manual aircon :link: Hyundai i30 08-11 Manual Double Din car stereo facia fascia kit dash panel trim | eBay

One for auto aircon :link: fit Hyundai i30 Auto Air Double Din car stereo facia fascia kit dash panel trim | eBay
You might need to check that the fascia will match your left or right hand drive configuration, since the console does not face flat, but rather angles slightly towards the driver. At least this has been a bit of a trap for some installing aftermarket units.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Thanks Gonz, yes be sure to check for right or left hand drive suitability if the centre fascias are angled.

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
For me this pic looks like i30 fd with some sort of phone connection (thought it might be bluetooth).

:link: Google Image Result for http://img.tapatalk.com/31b0033f-70b3-aa79.jpg

I was hoping to find cheap second hand unit. With 3rd party radios I need facia which adds up the cost. I would want bluetooth just for phone use. My current handsfree is getting old and during winter it is not so pleasent to put frozen handsfree in to my ear.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Might pay to call some wreckers near you and see if a higher or later model than yours comes with the Bluetooth unit which you could switch over.

Online The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I use the Bluetooth hands-free provided by my GPS. :D
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Youngest daughter Kate set up her Bluetooth on "Ruby" today.
04/12 build FD Trophy,  connected to Samsung S6 for phone and music.
System accesses phone for info.
Looks the same as one in link.
Hope it helps 👍
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
I tried searching the EPC for an hour, but was not able to find right part number. Would probably need VIN number to bluetooth car to find the right part number. Did even a "bluetooth" search for i30 on car sales page, but got only GD and PD models.  Tried to find bt car so I could find the VIN based on the reg. number. Gotta try again tomorrow...

Did find 2 din facia for around 40€. Would also need HY-iso adapter, round-square antenna adapter, 2 din player, reverse camera (would need a camera if I had a 2 din display  :D)

Would be easier to buy GD  :-[ Allthough I've been lately interested about ix35 and tucson. 4wd and higher ground clearance would come handy...
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal