i30 Owners Club

DRL Help headlight or parking singnal

i30kk · 9 · 2157

Offline i30kk

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NT
Hi everyone, I just bought a pair of DRL FOG light  from korea and ready to install it. instead of join/tap the singal wire to the park light/headlight wire loom,
 is there any other way to give singal to the controller box to turn off the DRL? like a fuse tap? or?

lights that i brought :link: Fog Light LED DRL + Cover + Short wiring (Fit 2011+ HYUNDAI i30 Elantra Touring) | eBay

thanks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:14:10 by i30kk »
  • i30 Active X

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
:welcum:
Post a link to the product and we'll see what we can do. :victory:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome:

So yours is a GD (series 2) hatch I assume? That is where photos would be handy.

Just click on the "add image to this post line" and follow the instructions.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30kk

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NT
thanks , thats correct. I want to know is there any fuse that gives power when headlight is turned on
  • i30 Active X

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The DRL’s are designed to switch off when headlights are on, there should be a harness available.

Offline i30kk

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      NT
The DRL’s are designed to switch off when headlights are on, there should be a harness available.

yes, that's what I need to know instead of damage the headlight wire to give signal to turn off the DRL, what else  can also give singal to the harness to turn it off ?
  • i30 Active X

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The harness should include something like red and black wires going to ACC and GND respectively, and a white wire that goes to your headlight feed. The DRL will then use the white wire's signal to turn off.

You can make up your own harness with a relay and some simple logic. :winker:

Offline tla

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Melbourne

yes, that's what I need to know instead of damage the headlight wire to give signal to turn off the DRL, what else  can also give singal to the harness to turn it off ?

IIRC: For the FD model, there was a separate fuse for the headlamps from which you could tap a signal.

But with the GD, and maybe the PD models,  the headlamps and parking lamps are fed directly from a "smart junction box" which is collectively powered through a 60amp fuse.  So, AFAIK the only route is to get your signal straight from either the headlamp or parker wires, as you already noted.
  • 2014 Cerato Si, YD, 2.0 GDi petrol, auto, white

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
There is a DRL fuse in the driver's fuse box but I haven't looked to see how that works yet.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal