i30 Owners Club

Few quirks in the way the electromechanical stuff works

Offline Vigsi30SRpremium

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
I noticed a few missing features that I’ve gotten used to with previous cars wondering if I can get on my i30.

- no kerb view function when you put the car in reverse, which is to say the passenger side mirror does not tilt down so you can ensure your precious alloys don’t scratch against the kerb. My old 2006 Lexus is250 did that and so does the current mk7.5 golf Highline.

- the electro mechanical parking brake doesn’t come on automatically when you turn off the car. My 2014 Nissan Qashqai does that.

- the car does not beep the horn when you press the lock button on the key. My 2014 Nissan Qashqai does and it’s huge help when looking for your car in a mall parking lot.

Wonder if there are any workarounds or mods that people have implemented?
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, i30 SR Premium, Petrol 1.6T, Auto, Red

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
no kerb view function when you put the car in reverse

On my Ioniq (I know, not the same car) I can flip the L/R mirror control switch to "L" to cause the mirrors to dip during reverse.

the electro mechanical parking brake doesn’t come on

Wish I had one of those :(

the car does not beep the horn when you press the lock button

Glad mine doesn't do that  :happydance:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
The mirror and horn features I can see how to incorporate with electronic mods. The brake feature might be a bit tougher due to safety/warranty/roadworthiness concerns.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If you have selected the Auto hold button during you current journey the car will automatically apply the handbrake when you select park.

I had that dipping mirror function on my last car. Very handy.  :goodjob:

I'm not a fan of the beeps, but I would have thought it was configurable through some menu. I'll have a look at the online manual and update this post if I find a way.  :cool: 

Found something! See Horn feedback below!

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I noticed a few missing features that I’ve gotten used to with previous cars wondering if I can get on my i30.

- no kerb view function you can ensure your precious alloys don’t scratch against the kerb.

Most of us move our kerb feelers over to our new car, ask Dazz.

:link: Curb feeler - Wikipedia

:goodjob2: perfect never fail
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
 :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

- no kerb view function you can ensure your precious alloys don’t scratch against the kerb.

Most of us move our kerb feelers over to our new car, ask Dazz.

:link: Curb feeler - Wikipedia

:goodjob2: perfect never fail

I wish! I slightly curbed one of my wheels again yesterday hurrying to a massage appointment!  :-[ Took a corner in town a bit wide and just clipped the curb!! Was pretty easy to tidy up and Garry with 2 x R's will fix it properly sometime.  :sweating:

Offline Vigsi30SRpremium

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
On my Ioniq (I know, not the same car) I can flip the L/R mirror control switch to "L" to cause the mirrors to dip during reverse.

I tried it and no it doesn't work. I just manually tilt the mirror when I do a reverse parallel park.

Offline Vigsi30SRpremium

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia

So I looked this up on my user manual and sure enough its there. But when I go to the car and go the "Door" menu item the first two options are there "automatic lock" and "automatic unlock" but no option for "horn feedback". I think it might be to do with "remote key" vs "smart key" but not sure.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
There's nothing I have more than cars which beep when you activate or deactivate the locks.
Annoying as all hell in suburban streets.

The flashing lights are usually enough to pinpoint my car in a carpark.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I tried it and no it doesn't work. I just manually tilt the mirror when I do a reverse parallel park.

The reversing guidelines are very conservative. If you line them up with the edge of the curb you will be at least 6 inches away.

So I looked this up on my user manual and sure enough its there. But when I go to the car and go the "Door" menu item the first two options are there "automatic lock" and "automatic unlock" but no option for "horn feedback". I think it might be to do with "remote key" vs "smart key" but not sure.
It's not in the menus it says to press the lock button again within 4 seconds of locking the car to activate the Horn feedback.  :cool:

But I haven't tried it, because i don't like the horn thing either. Musty be us old farts...

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Musty be us old farts...

Us old farts be musty indeed. :victory: :lol:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:snigger: That typo works, so I might just leave it.  :D

@Vigsi30SRpremium  Please let us know if that works with the horn feedback...

Offline Vigsi30SRpremium

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
@Dazzler no mate it doesn't and there is no way of enabling it in the menu that I can see. I'll be asking the dealership to see if there is anything they can do.

Offline Blazorax

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
@Dazzler  I'll be asking the dealership to see if there is anything they can do.

May I suggest that you get the dealer to provide you with a sexy Ming Mole to accompany the car and can provide you with live feedback while you reverse entry into the spot.    :rofl:
  • 2018 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6T, DCT, White, I30 SR Premium

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Dazzler no mate it doesn't and there is no way of enabling it in the menu that I can see. I'll be asking the dealership to see if there is anything they can do.

Guess what? I just checked and mine doesn't either!  :crazy1:

@Dazzler  I'll be asking the dealership to see if there is anything they can do.

May I suggest that you get the dealer to provide you with a sexy Ming Mole to accompany the car and can provide you with live feedback while you reverse entry into the spot.    :rofl:

At the prices they charge for that stuff they need to take you out on a date as part of the deal!  :idea: :P :evil:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal