i30 Owners Club

Upgrading GD-02 to GD-03 HEAD UNIT

Offline davericho

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
Hey guys,

New to the forum and everyone here seems very helpful and informative! I just purchased a 2015 i30 CRDi GD MY14. Loving my car thus far but the stereo is a GD-02  :(, I am definently considering upgrade from the DG02 to the DG03. I see the cam cable has to be disconnected. My car came with a factory reverse camera which hides behind the badge. I am just wondering if the functionality of the reverse camera still works with the DG03 upgrade and/or if there is anything extra I will need to ensure the camera works with the upgrade, not too fussed on the AUX not working as android auto will be my go to for all stereo needs.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated,  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Thanks guys
David

(EDITED)

Sorry guys I scoured the forums a little harder and found many people have swapped out the GD-02 HU for the GD-03 HU and still had full functionality of their reverse camera  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

now just to find the HU with connecting cable and USB module  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 01:46:02 by davericho »
  • Hyundai i30 Active 1.6CRDi

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
Hey guys,

New to the forum and everyone here seems very helpful and informative! I just purchased a 2015 i30 CRDi GD MY14. Loving my car thus far but the stereo is a GD-02  :(, I am definently considering upgrade from the DG02 to the DG03. I see the cam cable has to be disconnected. My car came with a factory reverse camera which hides behind the badge. I am just wondering if the functionality of the reverse camera still works with the DG03 upgrade and/or if there is anything extra I will need to ensure the camera works with the upgrade, not too fussed on the AUX not working as android auto will be my go to for all stereo needs.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated,  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Thanks guys
David

(EDITED)

Sorry guys I scoured the forums a little harder and found many people have swapped out the GD-02 HU for the GD-03 HU and still had full functionality of their reverse camera  :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

now just to find the HU with connecting cable and USB module  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Camera works perfectly on mine! You will need to replace the aux/usb unit and the cable that connects it to the radio unit.

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline davericho

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
After following steps from the OP. I have successfully upgraded my HU from GD-02 to GD-03 I was lucky enough to find the HU with the USB cable and AUX/USB assembly from a wreckers for $120! I am so over the moon with my new system and a car now with Android Auto! So glad I stumbled upon this forum! If any have any questions I will try and help the best I can :) Thanks everyone!!  :happydance:

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus
After following steps from the OP. I have successfully upgraded my HU from GD-02 to GD-03 I was lucky enough to find the HU with the USB cable and AUX/USB assembly from a wreckers for $120! I am so over the moon with my new system and a car now with Android Auto! So glad I stumbled upon this forum! If any have any questions I will try and help the best I can :) Thanks everyone!!  :happydance:
Is your camera working after all?

• Hyundai i30 2012

Offline davericho

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
Yes, everything is working as it should  :)

Offline aanastasiou4

• 3rd Gear

• cy Cyprus

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal