i30 Owners Club

2007 i30 D4FB CRDI turbo diesel clutch part number

TEKaY · 4 · 1552

Offline TEKaY

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Would anyone know the part number for the clutch in a 2007 i30 turbo diesel. Or can anyone help me figure out why my clutch feels like it's hitting a wall and won't go to the floor
  • 2007 Hyundai i30 D4FB crdi turbo diesel

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Would anyone know the part number for the clutch in a 2007 i30 turbo diesel. Or can anyone help me figure out why my clutch feels like it's hitting a wall and won't go to the floor
we could find the part number via the VIN however comments have been made in the past that until you remove it you never really know.

Honestly can't say and then when you look at say Exedy they'll quote 2 versions with different machining steps. Again I don't know.

I have an early 08 and clutch is likely same as yours but i've never dropped the box or touched the clutch.

If it was a case of pedal to the floor and clutch dragging I'd have an answer, but sounds like the pressure plate is jamming so maybe the clutch plate has fallen apart.

Hard to say, or maybe disconnect the slave from the box with the lines connected and see if it has more travel on the pedal confirming the issue is in the clutch.

Only thing is the piston may travel all the way out of the slave cylinder and have fluid going everywhere.

@nzenigma Gary may have some intelligent alternative ideas.

I think once in my life I had a van do something like this and the clutch plate fell apart and the dampers were floating around in the pressure plate.

I could dig up th eOEM numbers off my VIN, not sure if that will help, you may have to bite the bullet and pull the box out to answer your questions
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
It sounds like a box off- clutch out job. Go for Pressure plate too :goodjob2:

Before doing that, lift car get someone to work clutch pedal while you watch slave cylinder action. Do a bit of levering. If fork isnt locked up, chance that the problem is back at the master cylinder. I Assume you have checked pedal travel- no obstructions?
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline TEKaY

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Victoria
Yes I have also replaced the slave as the seal was worn out. I guess I'm going inside the clutch
  • 2007 Hyundai i30 D4FB crdi turbo diesel

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal