i30 Owners Club

Glac's Crappy Audi (and other stuff)

Glacius · 204 · 40095

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi Dazz thanks =D y

yeah Im hoping to get my car back this weekend, I asked them to add lower spring cups " on the car first so it gets lower on front =)

canyt wait to have it back right now i drive a tiny lupo, and my back is killing me =/

But I will let you know the progress as always =D sorry the abcense lately the breakup hit me hard but im slowly getting better and seeing  " future " for my self alone

and thanks everyone else for your great comments =)

regards Glac

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Soooo we just found out we can now have personal license plate in Norway, and I am so hyped! i sent in an application for t! let me know your thoughts! =D this is first time in Norway in a long time sadly its a bit expensive coming around 900 $ but its lats for 10 years! =D

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
this is first time in Norway in a long time sadly its a bit expensive coming around 900 $ but its lats for 10 years! =D
$900 :Jaw: it took me 30 years to justify spending $125 on private plates and ours last for life :crazy1: :)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Good stuff Glac!  :happydance: Yeah, not cheap, but great if you can have your 1st choice which is the obvious one.  :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Ours were $295 each for a 3 letter 3 number Combo DAZ001 / EYE030 (lifetime cost) but if I'd gone for something fully personalised like DAZZLER or GLACIUS it was $1000 (although again lifetime) Yours were cheap Craig! These were our 1st personalised plates.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Yours were cheap Craig! These were our 1st personalised plates.
Yeah I didn't bother with the full personalised type, I just wanted the new black with silver characters (platinum plates) to get the colour match, they finish off that whole black silver look I've got going on🙂

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms

haha xD yeah If i had my i30 i would have used that one loL!

yah 900 is a LOT ! its to much I just payed 20$ for new plates on my car just 1 week ago, so the personal plate is like 99,5 % more expensive haha but they say that most of the sum gets put to road safety  i dont believe them haha xD

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
sooooo I might be coming back guys!

I found this amazing specimen! and I might trade mine for it! =D

:link: FINN ? Hyundai i30

let me know your thoughts I miss my i30  =(

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
let me know your thoughts I miss my i30  =(

It's nearly 9 years old :scared:

Don't do it.

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
that might be true shamb but you have to remember I live in norway this car hold its price very well here and this cars sells for 16.000$  and I cant really afford anything else  :blubber:

if i wanted a new one I would have given almost twice as much

and i really like ht look of it espceially in white its a 2009 model same as my old one

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Glac,

While it looks in sensational physical condition for it's age (unlike me) I did have the same thought as Steve when I initially saw it.

The Auto Transmission in that model can be expensive to fix and they can be troublesome in that age of i30. Mind you most of the Valve Body Transmission issues seem to be in the Korean built version from what I've seen.

Your record with getting ripped off is not good!  :sweating:

Can you get good money for your existing car. How far do you have to go to test drive the CW?

If you do test drive it and there is any hesitation in reaction when you select a gear (particularly reverse) walk away... :undecided:

I understand how you feel, but be very cautious.

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Well this car is in Haugesund So I cant test drive it =/  its like a 1 day drive or more.

I also like the look of this car its how i wanted my old car to be, the condition seems spotless but I know for a faqt many  " dealerships " are " faking " the look of the cars so I need to get a friend of mine to go see it.

Also I didt know the trouble about the Automatic transmission thanks for letting me know, how can I find out if my mates drives it if its broken or not ?
so its only when you try to get it in Reverse  if it is " slow " and wont go in instantly its a insta walk away ?

I wont get more then 90.000 nok for my car its around 12,000 $ AUD  so i would have to pay something in between it sucks but Im REALLY tired of the Audi, its just caused me trouble, lost the love of my life and my house because of it , so i really do not want to have it any longer.

And I also need a car that is cheaper to keep insurance and use wise.

Thanks for looking out for me Dazz I will keep you posted, this is nOT final decision I just love the look of this.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

No worries Glac, I've had a fairly up and down life, so have empathy with people in your situation.

Yes, if your friend test drives it he needs to look out for any unusual delays in the transmission when selecting Reverse or Drive.

If you get a chance browse through the problems section for the site and check out the threads about the Auto Transmission problems.

It's not every FD auto by any means but enough to make me nervous. My impression is, without doing an official tally that the worst affected was 2010 Korean built CWs??

The look of the paint in the photos is so good that I would also get him to carefully inspect the body for overspray on the rubbers and around the open boot and bonnet. I'm wondering if it's had a respray after an accident. You've been there done that.

Mind you it could have just been garaged and well cared for. Hopefully it has the books to confirm service history too.  :undecided:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Yeha man appreciate this, I did find another car that I got more intrested in

its between this :link: FINN ? Hyundai i30

and this now :link: FINN ? Hyundai i30

And this last one has  a VERY clean look but as you said it could be respray but i belive this last one i posted was a garage car =)
and if you translate you see they say it has records of all stuff done done to it

The first link is a nice car but not sure what history is

I will see what it takes me to, I just know I want to move on from the audi xD

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I like the 1st one (the newer one) better.  :goodjob:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi guys!  happy new year ! and stuff ..  man this year has gone by fast and good and bad stuff has happened.

Firstly I have not gotten a new car, i still have the audi because I wont get enough money back from the car sales wise to cover the loan so hence i still haveit =
I just changed  both drive axles front , and handbrake wire and a turbo inter cooler tube, so I HOPE i do not have to change anything anytime soon

But I hope that this year I MIGHT change my  car out but it all depends.

Anyway I hope you had a great year and a new year.  I currently did some photoshop work this new year as i did not fell well.  Let me know your thoughts  , its based on the LAMBO URUS. I posted it in media section

cheers
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 20:13:45 by Glacius »

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
G'day mate.

Sorry to read things arn't going so well.

New year though so perhaps the tide will turn?
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Hi Glac,

:whsaid:

I thought I posted something similar in here yesterday, but... (I must be losing the plot)  :crazy1:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
Hi lads! =D fixed the image link for the URUS  here it is !

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:goodjob2:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
So quick CAR Update....   my car is officially dead, the  turbo died, the camshaft was worn and i knew that had to be done but the worst part is the " inside engine " injectors, the engine has had " diesel"  into the engine for a while so the oil was really light and poor, so the car has had its last run sadly ,  = / I am pretty sad but  I have ordered a new engine for 1500 $ with freight from southern norway to get it fixed.
I could repair what is on it now but  It might have internal damaga that I can not see so its better to get a " used " engine " that comes with ALL parts even turbo, with 3 months warranty =)

But as soon as this car is fixed up im selling it ASAP, and im going back to Huyndai i30 , or  i40 not sure yet but Its NEVER gonna be Audi again .

I am so tired and over this car and this final part just made me decide to payout the car loan and just sell it as cheap and fast as possible, it was the worst mistake of my life but you learn by doing .

I will let you guys know with updates whats gonna happend, but  expect me to get back into the  Huyndai life I miss that =)

hope you all had a better time then me take care

glac

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Sorry to hear that Glac. Chin up and good luck with the next few steps. Keep in touch.   :sweating:

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
* topic renamed *  :whistler:

Offline Glacius

• V.I.P

• no Norway
      Troms
* topic renamed *  :whistler: