i30 Owners Club

Introducing 'Arya' my 2015 2.0L LTD

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Hi guys, a few weeks ago I traded 'Heidi' the 1.8 Elite for 'Arya' the 2.0L Elite LTD. Heidi took it pretty bad but I'm sure she's got over it now. Have to admit I had become a bit attached to her but Arya has more than made up for it. She hot on the road and handles much better! I'm a happy man.

heres the link to Heidi.....:link: Pics of my 2014 i30 Elite petrol.

• 2016 i30 Elite Limited 2.0L Auto Phantom Black Pearl

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Looks nice :goodjob2: how come it doesn't have the new grill being a 2015 :confused:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Looks nice :goodjob2: how come it doesn't have the new grill being a 2015 :confused:
Craig...............

.....:link: Pics of my 2014 i30 Elite petrol.

:p
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Yeah, where's the new grill?

Quote from: topic title
Introducing 'Arya' my 2015 2.0L LTD
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Craig...............

That link shows the older car " Hiedi " different grill again.

Offline Snookes

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Craig...............

The LINK is to the 2014.
  • 2012 i30 GD Elite 5 door hatch petrol 1.8l ltr auto white

Offline FatBoy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Cygnet, Tasmania

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Cheers guys, NZ hasn't had the official 2015 new release yet so even though it is registered as a 2015, it was manufactured December 14. I think we get the new grill 'face lift' version towards the end of the year. Might have to purchase a new grill. Its got more power than the new one anyway so I'm happy :)

Tints next and might do the H7 mod tomorrow if I can figure out if its a HID version or not. How can one tell?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think the HID's are self levelling :undecided: so you wouldn't have the level dial on the lower right of the steering wheel.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Nice upgrade, but, even I don't change cars THAT quickly! They must have offered you a great deal!  :eek:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Cheers again guys, I am really happy with the way the car feels. Its quite a bit different compared to the previous. My understanding is it has a tuned suspension for our market though I suspect it would be the same for the NZ and Australian markets. Either way, she feels very stable with little body roll and a feeling on confidence on the road. The extra HP and Torque is really noticeable and you can really point and shoot on corners which is fun. The steering also feels different which surprised me. I'm wondering if its been tweaked because it is more directionally stable whereas Heidi sort of wondered a bit on straight flat roads requiring small constant adjustments. Arya feels more as you'd expect from a hydraulic based system. It doesn't have self levelling headlights so it must have straight H11 projectors which will be replaced tomorrow with the H9 mod. Has anyone changed out their high beams for something more powerful? Don't want to drill holes or add wiring so plug and play is what I'd prefer i.e. a more brighter bulb.

Offline ibrokeit

• V.I.P
  • Author of War & Peace

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Hmm... May I ask what are the H7 and/or H11 Mods?   Thanks.
  • 2019 i30 N-Line Premium (previously 2010 i30cw SLX (Auto) Petrol 2.0L)

Offline rustynutz

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      South Gippsland
Cheers again guys, I am really happy with the way the car feels. Its quite a bit different compared to the previous. My understanding is it has a tuned suspension for our market though I suspect it would be the same for the NZ and Australian markets. Either way, she feels very stable with little body roll and a feeling on confidence on the road. The extra HP and Torque is really noticeable and you can really point and shoot on corners which is fun. The steering also feels different which surprised me. I'm wondering if its been tweaked because it is more directionally stable whereas Heidi sort of wondered a bit on straight flat roads requiring small constant adjustments. Arya feels more as you'd expect from a hydraulic based system. It doesn't have self levelling headlights so it must have straight H11 projectors which will be replaced tomorrow with the H9 mod. Has anyone changed out their high beams for something more powerful? Don't want to drill holes or add wiring so plug and play is what I'd prefer i.e. a more brighter bulb.

I suspect you've got the New Zealand version of the Aussie SR....  :goodjob:

Offline fangfarrier

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hills District , Brisbane
Congrats on the new Motor. If you do have the Kiwi version of the Aussie SR then headlights should be HID Xeon's. The wheels certainly are the same as the SR. It looks like you have the LED tail lights. Handling and power are so much better than the standard. Enjoy!!!!!!
  • GD i30 SR auto

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Hmm... May I ask what are the H7 and/or H11 Mods?   Thanks.

It's where after modifying an H9 bulb, you can fit it in place of the dim H11. It's great if you don't want to put extra wiring and holes in components installing a HID kit.

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Congrats on the new Motor. If you do have the Kiwi version of the Aussie SR then headlights should be HID Xeon's. The wheels certainly are the same as the SR. It looks like you have the LED tail lights. Handling and power are so much better than the standard. Enjoy!!!!!!

Hi fangfarrier, yes I think your right except our version is missing a few extras that your one has. We don't get a sliding deluxe arm rest or rear seat vents on the back of the centre console or the rear luggage under floor storage box.

It does have the LED tail lights and LED daytime front headlights.

We don't get the auto levelling headlights as I just found out it has dreaded H7's which I've just upgraded to premium bulbs. Yet to test them but will tonight.

Offline fangfarrier

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Hills District , Brisbane
Mine doesn't have slidey armrests or rear vents either. I had to add the DRL as an aftermarket mod using OEM parts from KSpeed.
  • GD i30 SR auto

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Mine doesn't have slidey armrests or rear vents either. I had to add the DRL as an aftermarket mod using OEM parts from KSpeed.

Wow thats interesting, I thought the SR got the lot! My previous 1.8 Elite had the sliding arm rest and vents plus the underfloor luggage storage system. All I can think is there is a bit of cost offsetting between the gadgets and the bigger engine/suspension package. Either way, its a fun car to get out on the bendy roads.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Hi fangfarrier, yes I think your right except our version is missing a few extras that your one has. We don't get a sliding deluxe arm rest or rear seat vents on the back of the centre console or the rear luggage under floor storage box.

We don't get the auto levelling headlights as I just found out it has dreaded H7's which I've just upgraded to premium bulbs. Yet to test them but will tonight.
Hello mate you managed to check the upgraded bulb you put on your car and how does it looks plz
  • I30 active 1.4 petrol 2013

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe

Hello mate you managed to check the upgraded bulb you put on your car and how does it looks plz

Hi Raid, in the end I found that I had H7 bulbs in my low and high beams, so I found after market bulbs with extra 25% brightness or there about (theres heaps on the market to choose from) and installed them. Then I parked the car on level ground and adjusted the vertical axis up so the cut off was about a 3" below a rear window on an average car. This made a MASSIVE difference in lighting performance. It's now as good as any car I've owned. I think the Hyundai lights are set conservatively LOW to the point the consumer thinks theres a problem. Definitely adjust them if you game.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.

Hi Raid, in the end I found that I had H7 bulbs in my low and high beams, so I found after market bulbs with extra 25% brightness or there about (theres heaps on the market to choose from) and installed them. Then I parked the car on level ground and adjusted the vertical axis up so the cut off was about a 3" below a rear window on an average car. This made a MASSIVE difference in lighting performance. It's now as good as any car I've owned. I think the Hyundai lights are set conservatively LOW to the point the consumer thinks theres a problem. Definitely adjust them if you game.
Thanks mate and any link which one you went for plz and did you go for the white one and you got any pic with the new lights on plz ?

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Hi Raid, I threw the boxes/packets away unfortunately but they were an Australian brand by memory and I went white not blue. I'll see if I can get a pick of what it looks like. I went with a compromise in brightness as the real bright ones only last half as long, so I went for a 25% increase by memory. This way it will last a few years no problems. My units are non levelling unlike the Australian model. I adjusted them with a long shanked Phillips screw driver. There are holes on the top of the housings. Its a weird gear arrangement which the Phillips screwdriver engages with. There are some tutorials floating around somewhere? I'll see if I can find a link too.

Offline Raid

• 4th Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      London

• Nobody is perfect.
Hi Raid, I threw the boxes/packets away unfortunately but they were an Australian brand by memory and I went white not blue. I'll see if I can get a pick of what it looks like. I went with a compromise in brightness as the real bright ones only last half as long, so I went for a 25% increase by memory. This way it will last a few years no problems. My units are non levelling unlike the Australian model. I adjusted them with a long shanked Phillips screw driver. There are holes on the top of the housings. Its a weird gear arrangement which the Phillips screwdriver engages with. There are some tutorials floating around somewhere? I'll see if I can find a link too.
Thanks for the info and yep that would be nice if you could find the link plz thanks

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
That is a very "Stark" car!!

LOL :P Just clicked with me!!

Nicely done :goodjob:

Offline omegaspeedy

• 3rd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Pukekohe
Hi raid,

I couldn't find the tutorial so hopefully this will do. Hopefully your adjustments will be the same or similar.

:link: 2015 i30 Headlight adjustments with pictures. (Non self levelling H7 bulbs)

Cheers James.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal