i30 Owners Club

Test driving the PD - Asterix

Asterix · 6 · 18786

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
Okay, got to testdrive the new i30 today.

Like I wrote yesterday I would like to testdrive the 1,4 T-GDi. Disappointed. Not with the car though, as it turns out that engine option won't be introduced in DK before May. Why the hell do they advertice it if it isn't available..  :disapp:

Well, I got to drive the 1,0 T-GDi Premium. Overall a nice car, the steering wasn't as bad as expected actually. Very comfy seats and the interior looks very nice.

The engine have enough power to keep up with the traffic and is not heard much inside. It does have the turbo lag Tohis mentioned. It's quite annoying even when revved up to 3000 before next gear, it shouldn't have that lag like the turbo pressure totally disappears when selecting the next gear.

Wind noise is not an issue, but I really hope there was something wrong with the tyres on the testcar. (Hankook 205/55/16) The noise from the wheels was even worse than in my old 2008 i30 and wheel noise is one of the few things I dislike about my current car.
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline chris_i30gd

• 3rd Gear

• gr Greece
      Greece
According to the reviews the new pd is a  better car than gd but not a wow change?

I have made a search in mobile.de for hyundai i30 2017 diesel model.

I was shocked! The pd hyundai 1.6 crdi 110ps    price was 23.000euro
while the gd facelift 1.6 crdi 110    5.000 -10.000euro  less!
 :Shocked:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 17:43:31 by chris_i30gd »
  • hyundai i30 1.4 crdi 2013

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Be interesting to hear the feedback from Trevor and Neville on the tweaked Aussie models they are supposed to test drive this week at the Aussie launch.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doggie 1

• V.I.P
  • Doggie Connoisseur

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2019 PD2 Go Petrol, Manual. 30,000 kms.
Wind noise is not an issue, but I really hope there was something wrong with the tyres on the testcar. (Hankook 205/55/16) The noise from the wheels was even worse than in my old 2008 i30 and wheel noise is one of the few things I dislike about my current car.

Interesting comment.
When I was invited to test drive the latest incarnation of the GD recently when they were trying to get me to trade up, I drove a brand spanking new (never been on the road before) GD diesel 7 speed auto.
The thing that hit me, and I commented on at the time on this forum, was the road noise.
It was noisier than my 2012 GD.
I was very happy to get back into my 200,000 km GD and leave the new one at the showroom. (Especially after they told me what they would pay for my trade-in).
They drove exactly the same (transmission difference notwithstanding), but the new car was noisier.
This is an area that we have harped on about on this forum ever since 2008 when I first became a forum member and Hyundai appear to have still not addressed this shortcoming IMO.
  • Tertius the i30

Offline Asterix

• V.I.P
  • i40 CRDi 100kW 2013

• dk Denmark
      Sdr. Omme - DK
If I had the time I would go test other C-segment cars to compare, because if what I just experienced is standard then I very much doubt my next car will be an i30.

Well, just passed the MOT again so will keep my nice old i30 for a few more years. Only at 271,000 km so not worn up yet...  :mrgreen:
  • i40 CRDi 100 kW 2013

Offline xiziz

• V.I.P

• se Sweden
      Varmland, Sweden
Thats weird, I had a 500km round trip in a Kia Ceed -16 for work the other day, and it was a lot quieter than my I30, I expected the PD to be at least a little quieter than the GD. Might take it for a test drive when my next service is due.

I experience the hankooks as noisy too, but can't compare to anything other than studded kumhos(which of course are very noisy) on the I30 yet, still have 5mm left on them.
  • Ioniq Electric MY2019 88kw

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal